desktop suddenly shutdown after turning it on

Dec 16, 2013
i dont know if i am in the right thread.,., sorry

every time i turned on my desktop, PSU start running and light in the MOBO is working but after 3 sec after i turned on my desktop PSU suddenly shutdown., i troubleshoot my PSU using paperclip turned on the PSU the fan starts spinning., and after troubleshoot i connect all the cables in the PSU to the MOBO, turned on the desktop again PSU start running and light in the MOBO is working but AGAIN after 3 sec after i turned on my desktop PSU suddenly shutdown., plss help TY

SPECS., PSU generic 500watts
e5400 dualcore
geforce 210 1gb videocard gddr3
3gb ram ddr2
gigabyte motherboard g41 rev.1.0
OS windows 7 ultimate 32bit

Solution
A bad harddrive would cause a freeze but wouldn't cause a shutdown, i would think. Also, just because it is new doesn't mean that the PSU is good.
The motherboard is a possibility, as it could be drawing more power longer to get started(until it warmed up), than the PSU wants to deliver, and therefore goes into over-current protection and shuts down.

It is really hard to diagnose a problem like this through a forum..
Dec 16, 2013

i actually monitor the temp while idle or playing and the highest temp i got in my CPU is 45c and 45c is good enough.,., and by the way my PSU is very loud when it was still working.,

Chris8900

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
Elow this is me having the issue,., well actually i just purchased new psu, replaced my old psu,., and still the problem occur . When i turned on power after 2 seconds it just immediately shutdown but it took me 5 attempts ( turned on suddenly shutdown after 2 seconds unplug from the psu plug again repeated it 5 times) before everything is working fine,., and thats it everytime im gonna used my pc i will i need to do that process over and over again until it boots up,. And there are only two left which could be the culprit the motherboard or the hdd,. Bcoz sometimes my hdd is making very loud noise,.

A bad harddrive would cause a freeze but wouldn't cause a shutdown, i would think. Also, just because it is new doesn't mean that the PSU is good.
The motherboard is a possibility, as it could be drawing more power longer to get started(until it warmed up), than the PSU wants to deliver, and therefore goes into over-current protection and shuts down.

It is really hard to diagnose a problem like this through a forum..

Solution

TRENDING THREADS