nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello!

I was wondering if anybody knows how I can prevent users from changing the
desktop theme in windows xp?

I know you can do it in the group policies on the server, but there is a
flaw that allows the user to right-click an image an still set it as the
wallpaper.

I´m wondering if there is a possibility to make some modifications in the
registry to prevent user from being able to set the wallpaper?

Thanks
Nicke

Nick,

Active Desktop Wallpaper:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/default.asp?url=/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/141.asp

The users can see the option "Set as Desktop background" but it won't take
effect, as you've applied the wallpaper thru GPO / registry.

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hello!

I was wondering if anybody knows how I can prevent users from changing the
desktop theme in windows xp?

I know you can do it in the group policies on the server, but there is a
flaw that allows the user to right-click an image an still set it as the
wallpaper.

I´m wondering if there is a possibility to make some modifications in the
registry to prevent user from being able to set the wallpaper?

Thanks
Nicke

And, hide the Themes Settings Page (Windows XP)

Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k