Desktop to laptop no internet connectivity

Aug 17, 2018
Our internet functions via LAN cables. I recently reinstalled windows 7 ultimate on my laptop (was using Ubuntu) and I plugged it in, and it has no internet access. It works fine on the desktop, but not on the laptop. Does anyone have any clue as to why?

Solution
Good news is, ethernet is probably the easiest, fool-proof component in a computer, it's usually plug&play.

Bad news is, you went from A to Z and skip the other 26 alphabets! so now please follow what Ralston says.

If I were you I start looking under devices, and whether Windows has detected a NIC, then the LAN driver from the laptop's vendor, NOT Microsoft. 24 more alphabets to go. :)

Ralston18

Titan
Start by trying another known working Ethernet cable.

Next:

Did you download, reinstall, and reconfigure the drivers for your laptop's Ethernet adapter?

If you did not do that, then do so.

Go to the network adapter's manufacturer's website to find the applicable drivers and installation procedure.

If you did install the drivers, confirm everything and just try again - could be that the initial attempt went astray somewhere.

Can be a bit tricky and very easily to overlook something.

Good news is, ethernet is probably the easiest, fool-proof component in a computer, it's usually plug&play.

Bad news is, you went from A to Z and skip the other 26 alphabets! so now please follow what Ralston says.

If I were you I start looking under devices, and whether Windows has detected a NIC, then the LAN driver from the laptop's vendor, NOT Microsoft. 24 more alphabets to go. :)

Solution
Aug 17, 2018

I tried installing the driver, but I get a "No Intel(R) adapters are present". Am I just using the wrong driver?