• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Desktop turns on, but won't post. Dram Solid Red Light

Jul 11, 2020
Hello, first time posting here.
I had this computer for about 3 years now, I built it myself and it worked very well.
However, one day when I woke up, I went to turn on my PC and the PC turned on, but both my monitors, keyboard, mouse, and drawing tablet did not turn on.
My webcam and my microphone are receiving power as I can see the lights on them. However, the other devices have 0 feedback.

When I opened my computer I noticed that when I turn on my computer, the Dram light turns red for about 10 seconds, then turns off. I also noticed the CPU light turns red, but only for like 1 second.

I did my research and spent the whole night working on it. I tried the following approaches, but to no avail:

Reset Cmos.
Replaced the Cmos.
Reinstalled the ram.
Checked each ram stick is firmly in place.
Used each ram stick individually on the motherboard, while testing each slot.
Checked the CPU, the pins weren't bent or broken. Nothing burnt.
Reseated both the CPU and the CPU Cooler
Reinstalled the graphics card.
Unplugged both my cd try and hardrives/ssd.

Nothing worked.

At this point I am almost certain I need to replace the motherboard. But before I go to bestbuy and do that, I would like to know your opinions.

The following is my specs:
Motherboard - ASUS Z170-A LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR 80+ GOLD 750W Fully Modular EVGA ECO Mode Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply
Ram - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb (x2)
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan
Graphics Card - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card with RGB
CPU - Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80677I77700K Desktop Processor
OS - Windows 10 64 bit

Thank you in advance. I am pulling my hair out here!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS