[SOLVED] Desktop USB hub upgrade recomendation

nostob

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
I like to upgrade an older D-Link desktop USB hub. The D-Link is "powered" with power supply. Not sure that newer ones still have /need power supply? I see some still do.
The hub is connected to Dell XPS 8940 desktop (basic).
Many of the USB hubs have an attached short USB cable intended for laptops. Mine is on the desk, so, I need 6ft or so USB cable.
USB 3.1? decent looking. Don't need many ports. Maybe 6

Can anybody offer a recomdnation?

Reactions: Shamim Hosain
Solution
I tend to steer clear of hubs since they end up having anomalies that troubleshooting or replacements don't change. Why not just manage the cables with stuff like BlueLounge's Cable drops or their ilk(not necessarily BlueLounge's gear) and hook your cables to the rear of the desktop? Your prebuilt seems to have plenty of USB ports on the rear(and the front).

Regardless of my suggestion, what sort of a budget have you set aside for your purchase and where are you located/preferred site for purchase?

Lutfij

Titan
I tend to steer clear of hubs since they end up having anomalies that troubleshooting or replacements don't change. Why not just manage the cables with stuff like BlueLounge's Cable drops or their ilk(not necessarily BlueLounge's gear) and hook your cables to the rear of the desktop? Your prebuilt seems to have plenty of USB ports on the rear(and the front).

Regardless of my suggestion, what sort of a budget have you set aside for your purchase and where are you located/preferred site for purchase?

Solution