Question Desktop used to Power Up but Won't Anymore

EZizka

Prominent
Mar 1, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'll do my best to explain my issue as clearly as possible.

1. Description of Desktop Computer:

Windows: Windows 10

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX

Power Outlet for GPU: Master Watt 750 Cooler Master

I'd like to say more but since I can't turn on the computer, I can't check the system for details, sorry.

2. Description of the Issue:

The desktop used to power up fine until about two months ago. It sometimes wouldn't start. I would then unplug my GeForce and plug it back and then it would boot.

This went on for a month or so until it just wouldn't start at all.

3. Other Potentially Important Details:

* The graphic card barely fits.

* The graphic card would sometimes get so hot I couldn't touch it with my bare hands after the computer was off if I wanted to unplug it.

* As far as I know the fans are all working when the computer is on but the graphic card still gets really hot.

4. Some Pictures:
UkFMlMv.jpg

8Zd5vEr.jpg

UXYSwwW.jpg

iX1g9M1.jpg

Let me know if you need more pictures or videos.

Thank you!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Can you tell us anything more about the PC? I see the Masterwatt 750 PSU. Do you have integrated graphics? Do you have another known working PSU to test with? Are you sure about the GPU; I'm quite certain the 940MX was a laptop GPU.

Is the PC normally this messy, with stuff just strewed on or near the board like someone's garage? If so, I'd worry about the board shorting out like CountMike is.

EZizka

Prominent
Mar 1, 2019
Well, it's an i5-7th generation I could read on the outside but that's about it. I do have an integrated graphics card. About the GPU I found what it was, it was written on the side: Radeon RX 570 8G OC.

I don't have a working PSU to test with.

So I disassembled everything I could and took some more pictures, hopefully it can help:

Those are the things I took out from the computer.
LCecegH.jpg

This is the end which was plugged into the motherboard.
4KLqoMH.png

This is the back of the power supply, will all the cables removed.
k4WCSkn.jpg

Another screenshot with the power supply removed.
Ng0sivg.jpg