Desktop Wallpapers Changing at Wrong Time

Gryz

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
I have selected to change my desktop backgrounds located in my Pictures Library to "shuffle" every 10 minutes. 10 minutes passes and it changes, but then again, in about a minute or so, it will change again.

In addition, sometimes when I insert a USB drive, or even close out of a full screen application, I will be left with a dotted matrix instead of a wallpaper. I right click and choose "next background" and that resolves it.

Any ideas?

Solution
Don't forget to change it to PEG when you get the replacement card. It's completely possible there was a problem with the card though, but it might have somehow had to do with the setting as well. Either way, at least you'll be fairly sure if the problem reappears that it's not due to the card itself.
Go into settings>power options> & change "slide show setting:" from "paused" to "available" or control panel>power options> change plan settings> change advanced power settings> desktop background settings> slideshow and set set to "available". Reboot and see what happens. If it's the same go back into the power settings again and under USB settings> USB selective suspend set it to disabled. If neither of those helps we'll try some other solutions. You might also go into the BIOS and play with the C states that control the power saving features.

Gryz

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
I cannot get it to run. It asking to specify the location of offline boot and windows directories. I have entered them, as they are my C drive. Still no luck.

I understand your position, however, if you can't run a system scan it's for a reason which is likely to rear it's ugly head at the most inopportune time. I'd be sure to get and keep my things backed up so that in the event whatever is wrong or corrupted decides it's had enough you don't get an unresolvable blue screen situation to the point where you cannot recover your files or settings. Good luck to you.

Gryz

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
I was able to run the system scan today for some reason. Found corrupt files. Here is the output.
Any ideas what to do from here? I don't want to dig too deep without some help.

iDxyFE9.jpg

Ok, so, after reviewing the cbs.log file and getting a couple of second opinions on it the general consensus seems to be there is an issue with core components, probably either from a corrupted update or bad installation. Possibly even related to sectors on the hard drive. The recommendation is to do what is known as an in-place update (Google it) which repairs all the necessary compononets of the installation but does not delete your files or programs. You might also want to run Seatools and scan the hard drive using both the short DST and long Generic drive tests to verify whether it has issues or not.

Gryz

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
Just upon completion of the refresh I saw this glitch. I hadn't installed any updates or drivers yet.

I am running a GeForce GTX 750ti GPU. I updated windows after the refresh as well as my gpu driver. Still persists. I am thinking it may be a GPU issue.

On a positive note, I ran SFC /Verifyonly and received a good report. That's good at least.
NeG8z8o.jpg