[SOLVED] Desktop won't boot normally anymore

bumbleball

Reputable
Dec 8, 2016
Hey all! I have an HP Omen Obelisk (it was a gift), almost a year old.
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated)
  • 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
  • BU RCTO OMN Moria2 B450
  • 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
  • HyperX® 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3500 Processor
I copy pasted that so just tell me if you need more info haha. So, last night my pc was acting weird. Couldn't push scroll, slow. I saw I had an update so I shut it down and let it update. I woke up and it won't boot normally now!
When it boots I get a hard disk error, 3F2 specifically. I'll post a picture (sorry, can't screenshot obviously).

GnL0nYC.jpg

So if you go into HP's system diagnostics you get many separate tests you can do, symptom tests, system tests, component tests. I did all of them. Every single one. And a couple full machine tests as well, every single one passed.
I decided to try rolling back my BIOS but when I try to go to an older one it says it failed, "unable to open BIOS signature file." I even tried to "rollback" to the same BIOS version it has now as a last ditch effort, obviously did not work.
I cracked the case open, made sure everything was tight. Tried unplugging it for a couple minutes, didn't work. Any ideas?

EDIT oh, I should mention, I tried to go to the BIOS menu using the F10 method but it didn't work

Hey all! I have an HP Omen Obelisk (it was a gift), almost a year old.
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated)
  • 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
  • BU RCTO OMN Moria2 B450
  • 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
  • HyperX® 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3500 Processor
I copy pasted that so just tell me if you need more info haha. So, last night my pc was acting weird. Couldn't push scroll, slow. I saw I had an update so I shut it down and let it update. I woke up and it won't boot normally now!
When it boots I get a hard disk error, 3F2 specifically. I'll post a picture (sorry, can't screenshot obviously).

GnL0nYC.jpg

So if you go into HP's system diagnostics you get many separate tests you can do, symptom tests, system tests, component tests. I did all of them. Every single one. And a couple full machine tests as well, every single one passed.
I decided to try rolling back my BIOS but when I try to go to an older one it says it failed, "unable to open BIOS signature file." I even tried to "rollback" to the same BIOS version it has now as a last ditch effort, obviously did not work.
I cracked the case open, made sure everything was tight. Tried unplugging it for a couple minutes, didn't work. Any ideas?

EDIT oh, I should mention, I tried to go to the BIOS menu using the F10 method but it didn't work
It's possible that OS is corrupted. Which OS ?