[SOLVED] Desktop won't boot Windows 8.1 new hard drive

Jan 11, 2019
Ok so i recently got this desktop pc that is about 2 years old. And I fixed it up and for the past week I have been trying to boot Windows8.1 to the new hard drive that I bought for it, it never works. I have tried usb with 64 And 32bit win8 iso files and DVD with those files burnt to it as well. The only thing that it has ever booted of off was a win8 1of3 DVD that was a boot disc but it got past the Windows logo loading screen and 2 minutes after it could no longer find the boot disc. It never even trys to boot off of anything else besides that one disc, which it never completely booted off of. I have tried resetting bios, new optical drive, different files and discs, and new cords. Nothing worked I still to this day can't figure it out. PLEASE HELP ME

Solution
I would not bother with 8.1. Try to create a Windows 10 USB drive (search Windows 10 media creation tool). The last systems I've worked on, if you had Windows 8 originally or a Windows 7 key on the tower, it still installs and activates Windows 10.

TRENDING THREADS