desktop wont power on

Jun 21, 2017
I have a dell inspiron desktop and it will not turn on at all. The model of it is D06M. It does not have a power switch on the back of it. The back light stays lit green when plugged in but when i press the power button nothing happens. I have tried the paper clip test with a safety pen i broke. When i put the safety pen in the green and black wires the green light on back stays on. when i plug it in the mother board with the safety pen the light goes off. What do I do? It doesn't show the dell logo on the screen.

Solution
as you dont have spare parts for testing. find a local computer shop you can trust. have them use a post it card see if the pc mb is posting and or if the power supply is outputting the right voltages. on dell pc it can be cheap power supply failure or parts failure on the mb. look at the service part number on the power supply and google it. also see if there any recall or class action lawsuit on you pc for defective parts.
as you dont have spare parts for testing. find a local computer shop you can trust. have them use a post it card see if the pc mb is posting and or if the power supply is outputting the right voltages. on dell pc it can be cheap power supply failure or parts failure on the mb. look at the service part number on the power supply and google it. also see if there any recall or class action lawsuit on you pc for defective parts.

Solution