[SOLVED] Desperate for help with Bsod and Game crashes

Apr 20, 2021
Randomly during a match my Siege can crash, its really weird. Sometimes it normally crashes by just closing but other times my entire system crashes (refer to image with weird pixels) and sometimes the game freezes but I can still hear audio normally and then after a little it closes the game.

When it crashes it freezes on this image (Inverts colors or something) then crashes and restarts. View: https://imgur.com/a/xPVRhT4

Bsod Codes I had aswell:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
MEMORY MANAGEMENT

I'm willing to give any file so just ask

Things I've tried:
Stress test (make sure psu is adequate)
Reinstall drivers for everything
Uninstall Corsair software (Apparently its buggy)
Update windows
Memory check
ChkDsk (On OS ssd)
Driver Verifier
overclocking and stock settings
reconfiguring nvidia control panel
deleted %temp%
Reinstalled the game but nope
asked god for help....

Thanks for any support you can give!

system config:
Ryzen 7 2700 (usually oc'd to 4ghz)
Rog b450-f
16gb of 3000mhz ram
Rtx 3070
Windows 10 Home
600 watt evga bronze psu

Last edited:
Solution
My Solution:

After I was pretty desperate I decided to try a few things, I forgot to enable xmp so I set my ram to its normal speed and I also reinstalled my bios on my rog strix. They actually have a pretty good tool and it was easy so thanks Rog for that but after doing that it somehow seems to have fixed everything!
Randomly during a match my Siege can crash, its really weird. Sometimes it normally crashes by just closing but other times my entire system crashes (refer to image with weird pixels) and sometimes the game freezes but I can still hear audio normally and then after a little it closes the game.

When it crashes it freezes on this image (Inverts colors or something) then crashes and restarts. View: https://imgur.com/a/xPVRhT4

Bsod Codes I had aswell:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

I'm willing to give any file so just ask

Things I've tried:
Stress test (make sure psu is adequate)
Reinstall drivers for everything
Uninstall Corsair software (Apparently its buggy)
Update windows
Memory check
ChkDsk (On OS ssd)
Driver Verifier
overclocking and stock settings
reconfiguring nvidia control panel
deleted %temp%
Reinstalled the game but nope
asked god for help....

Thanks for any support you can give!

system config:
Ryzen 7 2700 (usually oc'd to 4ghz)
Rog b450-f
16gb of 3000mhz ram
Rtx 3070
Windows 10 Home
600 watt evga bronze psu
Probably your problem is hardware related. I had the same problem with games freezing or randomly closing to desktop and bluescreens that the most common was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED like your case. After some months i ended that my Ryzen 5 3600 was faulty and i got a replacement. If you can find another Ryzen CPU to test i would start from there.

Apr 20, 2021
Probably your problem is hardware related. I had the same problem with games freezing or randomly closing to desktop and bluescreens that the most common was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED like your case. After some months i ended that my Ryzen 5 3600 was faulty and i got a replacement. If you can find another Ryzen CPU to test i would start from there.
Well later this week im trading my 2700 for a 2700x by giving my old mobo away so I guess I'll see if that makes a difference. I hope it fixes it but at the same time Im not an [] and I really don't wanna scam the dude, So wish me luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 20, 2021
For a status update I'll just say that I've been talking to Ubisoft, they're pretty good but we haven't nailed down any issues. I might try a complete reinstall of Nvidia drivers, like wipe it clean but I'm just a bit worried I might mess it up more.

Apr 20, 2021
UPDATE:

After I ran Memtest and it passed I had another bsod (KMODE EXPETION NOT HANDLED) and did a sfc scan and it came up with some errors but said that windows successfully repaired them. I can upload the Cbs log if anyone wants to take a look but I'm going to try some games and see if its fixed!

Apr 20, 2021
My Solution:

After I was pretty desperate I decided to try a few things, I forgot to enable xmp so I set my ram to its normal speed and I also reinstalled my bios on my rog strix. They actually have a pretty good tool and it was easy so thanks Rog for that but after doing that it somehow seems to have fixed everything!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS