[SOLVED] Desperate help wanted!!!

Jul 7, 2019
Please take your time and read what i have to say. I would be tremendously happy if someone could help

So a while back i built a new system:
R5 2600X - Standard Cooler
Asus B450 F-gaming Mobo
Asus Strix gtx 1080 Advanced edition
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000mhz CL15 - (unlocked in BIOS to the rated speed)
EVGA G3 supernova 650W Gold PSU
Kingston SSDNow 120gb (boot drive)
Samsung 860 evo 500gb (storage)
Phanteks P400S Tempered Glass (Case)

Worked fine at first but i started to note some sudden freezes in Rise of the Tomb raider in some cases. A hangup for like 1 second or less and then go back to normal. So i didnt think too much of it. Later i bought Witcher 3 and now i am having trouble with tthat aswell. The freezes or hangups gets longer att more frequent than before. NOTE:: a restard fixes the problem for a little while

I moved my old windows installation from my other computer to this. So because of that i reinstalled windows recently, then updated chipset drivers and updated the BIOS and gpu drivers. Now here i am with a fresh system and the problem still persists. i didnt format my storage drive so thats the only "old" thing now.

In my brain this is weird if it is a hardware kind of failure. Because why would a reboot fix it? I can maybe think of temps but i have checked the temps before and they doesnt seem to be outlandish. the gpu never goes over 80c as far as ive seen and the processor have even colder temps.

i would honestly give anyone my soul for help right now. i dont have any money to waste on parts for nothing. i would be grateful forever for help. At this point i am literally on my knees :/

EDIT: Found a video which displays my problems in witcher 3. But less extreme variants of this appears in other games for me aswell
Timestamp 0:29
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiAMNqkeAVQ

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Are you running any overclock anywhere at all?
Have you checked component usage using MSI Afterburner whilst the freezing occurs to see which component is potentially reaching peak usage?
What are the individual CPU core temperatures under load?

Jul 7, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Are you running any overclock anywhere at all?
Have you checked component usage using MSI Afterburner whilst the freezing occurs to see which component is potentially reaching peak usage?
What are the individual CPU core temperatures under load?

Hello!
i am not running any overclock at the moment. i only unlocked the speed of my ram sticks to 3000 mhz which they claim on the box.
I did use MSI Afterburner but only monitored the cpu, gpu and ram usage. None of those peaked during the freezes. I will try to monitor everything i can next.
Frankly i have not found a good cpu temp monitoring system for ryzen. But maybe Afterburner can do that too. I just used ryzen master for checking temps.

thanks again for the reply i will try to setup Afterburner to monitor every single thing :p

Jul 7, 2019
Update on my case:
ok so i downloaded Nvidia inspector and followed this guide :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoHhOU4cQRA

i followed his guide exactly and ive made som progress. i no longer get these huge heavy stutters. now its minor stutters, but they are still there. tried locking to 60 fps, 59 and 58 fps. All give similar results in Witcher 3. minor minor stuttering. Guess i need to try some other settings. If anyone have some tips be sure to make a reply on this thread!