Desperate man begging for help.

bigpapagun

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
i try to build a computer with old part. it's a Pentium 4 socket 478. here my problem the computer restart very 3-10 second. i begin switching part i have try 3 power supply, 3 CPU, 3 motherboard, 4 stick or ram. 3 video card. always do the same thing. then i rage quit i let it run on it's own. He rebooted several time and all of a sudden miracle he working fine.

i am not sure how long it will be stable. i am installing windows XP right now and i will update this post on how he goes.

i need advice PLEASE!

Check windows device manager in the control panel to see how many devices don't have windows xp drivers installed. They will have a mark next to them. Windows xp won't find the proper driver; it's too old. You need to find your motherboard webpage (use cpuz to get the model number) and see if the board manufacturer still has them posted for download. If the board is discontinued, you might be able to find the driver on some of the special websites that have them. You may also have a bad ram stick causing the instability, but check first for missing drivers.

bigpapagun

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
i finished installing windows but it's very slow take 3-5 sec to do thing that are suposse to be instantaneous, like trying to open computer icon on the desktop, making a new folder etc

right now i am installing windows service pack, and the missing driver in devices manager