DESPERATELY IN NEED OF HELP!!!

Jennifer

Im having trouble installing Directx Eradicator and was wondering how you
would re-register dlls.

If the dll name is Test.dll, then

Go to Start/Run and type in:
regsvr32 Test.dll
click OK

"Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im having trouble installing Directx Eradicator and was wondering how you
> would re-register dlls.

Jennifer, Go to Start/Run, and type each separately, followed by
clicking OK:

regsvr32 xxxx.dll Just insert the actual dll in the xxxx.dll
spot.

After each time you click OK, you should get a dialogue box notifying you
that your dll has been registered successfully.
After registering all dlls, reboot, and see whether that has fixed the
problem.

Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im having trouble installing Directx Eradicator and was wondering how you
> would re-register dlls.

Jennifer

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Jennifer, Go to Start/Run, and type each separately, followed by
> clicking OK:
>
> regsvr32 xxxx.dll Just insert the actual dll in the xxxx.dll
> spot.
>
> After each time you click OK, you should get a dialogue box notifying you
> that your dll has been registered successfully.
> After registering all dlls, reboot, and see whether that has fixed the
> problem.
>

> Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Im having trouble installing Directx Eradicator and was wondering how you
> > would re-register dlls.
>
> Well I did what you told me but it just said the specified module could not be found

Then we need more information Jennifer.

What error message(s) are you getting when you try to install the 'risky'
DirectX Eradicator?

Which DLL are you trying to re-register?

When you downloaded (and extracted) the zip file did you carefully read the
Readme.txt file and follow the instructions carefully for YOUR operating
system?

>> Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm having trouble installing DirectX Eradicator and was wondering how
>> > you
>> > would re-register dlls.
>>
>> Well I did what you told me but it just said the specified module could
>> not be found

Jennifer

"Michael T" wrote:

> Then we need more information Jennifer.
>
> What error message(s) are you getting when you try to install the 'risky'
> DirectX Eradicator?
>
> Which DLL are you trying to re-register?
>
> When you downloaded (and extracted) the zip file did you carefully read the
> Readme.txt file and follow the instructions carefully for YOUR operating
> system?
>

> "Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> >> Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Well I did what you told me but it just said the specified module could
> >> not be found

It says..."The application has failed to start because DSOUND.dll was not
found. RE-installing the application may fix this problem." It says the same
thing for DDRAW.dll. and for nview.dll it says "Error loading nview.dll. The
specified module could not be found and all this happened after after the
installation rebooted my comp.

Error message stating that the module could not be found indicates just that
it could not be found in the search path. It MAY or may NOT be on the
computer. Try Start/Search and enter the names of the dll's and see if you
can find them anywhere on your drive. If you DO find them, copy them into
your windows folder and try again.

HTH,

DirectX is not my area of expertise, so I am going to assume that the reason
you installed DirectX Eradicator was so you could uninstall DirectX before
doing a re-install. If true, have you considered trying to download/install
DirectX - even with the error messages you are seeing?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx

Also, there is a diagnostic that will check/validate files like ddraw.dll.
You can download a trial version and see if you can provide us with more
information after running it. As you may know, sometimes these trial
versions have limited ability to fix the problems it finds. I.E., they like
to tease us to get out the ol' credit card. Can you blame them?

Anyway, you can download PC Bug Doctor at:
http://www.all-day-pa.com/
Good luck.