[SOLVED] Desperately look for a motherboard like MSI x570 Godlike

Tok Tok

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Hi,

I've been searching online for a AM4 motherboard with a PCIe layout that fits 3 watercooled 3090 cards that sit next to eachother. I've found one card, the MSI x570 Godlike:
1024.png

This motherboard is ridiculously expensive, 950 euro's. Also, you can't find it as a new product. All of the other AM4 boards I've seen have a different PCIe layout which doesn't work for me, but maybe I missed one that has this layout. anybody know a board like this?

Last edited:
Solution
You sure you want to use a triple SLI setup? Not that the board would work, actually since the lanes would be split into x8, x4 and x4 respectively, since you're going below 8 lanes, you're not even going to be able to be in SLI mode. You might want to consider a dual RTX3090 setup as opposed to a 3xRTX3090 setup. To add, you might want to also consider the spacing for the slots take into account for air cooled GPU's hence why the slots are split on other boards.

Here is a list of all the "premium" X570 motherboard's.

No one in their right mind will drop near 6000USD's worth of GPUs on a sub 300USD motherboard, that isn't how you build balanced system's. If you need the lanes, you should go for a Threadripper...

Lutfij

Titan
You sure you want to use a triple SLI setup? Not that the board would work, actually since the lanes would be split into x8, x4 and x4 respectively, since you're going below 8 lanes, you're not even going to be able to be in SLI mode. You might want to consider a dual RTX3090 setup as opposed to a 3xRTX3090 setup. To add, you might want to also consider the spacing for the slots take into account for air cooled GPU's hence why the slots are split on other boards.

Here is a list of all the "premium" X570 motherboard's.

No one in their right mind will drop near 6000USD's worth of GPUs on a sub 300USD motherboard, that isn't how you build balanced system's. If you need the lanes, you should go for a Threadripper platform/motherboard instead, which makes more sense lane/slot layout wise.

Solution

Tok Tok

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Thanks for your answer but I'm not using this computer as a gaming PC. This is for rendering. Going to 4x PCIe sounds it might be a problem in terms of speed but I've found that it doesn't really matter. 3D scenes are usually a few gigabytes large so that still will only take a few seconds, even when on 1x.

The threadripper platform just consumes too much power for the cooling solution I have and I also don't use the power of such a CPU as I'm mostly interested in a high speed single core CPU. The Ryzen 5 architecture is actually perfect for me in terms of single core speed and price. I'm just amazed by how every single motherboard has also the exact PCIe slot layout. Is this something that's coming from AMD as a requirement? I can't imagine why this would be the same everywhere, different people different needs right?

I'm not sure about the lanes count though, but the ryzen 5600x has 44 pcie lanes. Sounds like thats enough for me. But I agree, a more dedicated motherboard is better, I currently have a Asus sage x299, but it's broken so I have to replace. AMD offers very nice cpu's with high single cores speeds and wattage, but the motherboards are all the same in terms of PCIe layouts.

Any suggestions on choosing something that works are more then welcome!