Specs:
CPU: i7-9700k with Kraken X52 cooler
MOBO: Asrock Z390 Taichi
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 32GB
Storage: OS drive Samsung M.2 ssd 256gb, 3TB Seagate storage HD
PSU: Corsair RM850x (2018 model)

THE PROBLEM
So, I am having a issue where my games will launch and soon after the screen gets weird graphical errors, freezes up and then eventually force restarts my whole PC and when it comes back on my resolution is all the way down and my 2080 is not detected. When I go into device manager after it reboots the 2080 is listed but it says it is Code 43 deactivated because windows has detected problems with the device... Hope someone can help.

Some of my troubleshoots
Windows is up to date
I've used DDU in safe mode to remove all nvidia files and drivers and then updated to the latest drivers.
My bios is up to date.
All of my hardware is staying cool

This is a brand new PC, I sent in a 1080Ti for RMA and they said it had definite issues they couldn't fix so they sent me this 2080 as a replacement and now it has problems of its own...

Happy to try anything, thank you.

Edit: add pictures for help

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/GWhK89y

Last edited:

brayden23

Reputable
Oct 27, 2018
Can you show what the exact graphical errors are? It's quite a broad term. A picture or better yet a YouTube video of the whole problem would be best.

Hey thanks, I attached some pictures of the issue... After these pop all over the screen it will freeze up and then it starts the reboot process..

brayden23

Reputable
Oct 27, 2018
Wow... They go away after Reboot but I guess there's nothing that can be done.. crashes every time I try to play... I suppose I'll get back with Gigabyte Support and wait another month for a RMA and hope for the best... Thank you.