Question Desperately needing SSD initializing

ibanman555

Honorable
Feb 21, 2015
I have a previously used Samsung EVO 850 SSD. I removed this from a dying laptop and copied files over after installing in my Intel DX79SR desktop. I then installed W10 to dual boot over W7 and had some issues. Once I got those issues sorted the drive became unavailable temporarily.

Now, the drive is available in Disk Management, showing that it needs to be initialized. Once I attempt to do so, the error says "a device which does not exist was specified". I have rebuilt MBR in easeus partition and wiped the disk successfully. I have tried to partition and format via the command prompt. W10 shows the disk model and says the device is working properly in its properties menu.

What other options do I have to work around this locked drive and get it formatted again for use? I've tried everything I know so far. Thanks for any assistance.

Last edited:

ibanman555

Honorable
Feb 21, 2015
I have found firmware for this model drive and tried to update the firmware. It requires you to make a bootable USB drive using unetbootin but this isn't booting either. Still stumped