News Despite Intel patch, Black Myth: Wukong devs warn about Core 13th and 14th Gen CPU crashing — studio provides a few workarounds to avoid crashing i...

Admin

Administrator
Staff member

Amdlova

Distinguished
The T series don't have any problem with high voltages max voltage I have see is 1.3v on the single thread operations average 1.2v all cores turbo at 92w intel specs. These cpu have max power draw of 103w they are 5% slower than the 65w cpus on average.

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
I wonder how much of the crashing is from the motherboard LLC stock undervolt settings where high load is often met with inadequate volts?
Buildzood has been going in depth discussing the two separate issues of instability and degradation.

Reactions: KyaraM

DS426

Proper
May 15, 2024
The T series don't have any problem with high voltages max voltage I have see is 1.3v on the single thread operations average 1.2v all cores turbo at 92w intel specs. These cpu have max power draw of 103w they are 5% slower than the 65w cpus on average.
That's what I thought but it might actually just be a matter of lower-TDP processors taking longer to show this problem. We may not know for a long time, eh?

Mattzun

Commendable
Oct 7, 2021
A 13600T from early production might have the via oxidation issue.
No way to tell because intel isn’t providing the affected serial numbers

Intel did say that any 65 watt processor could be affected by the voltage problem
It’s just a lot more common on the k series.
The voltage spikes are short enough that monitoring software might not show the actual peak voltages