News Despite Massive Investments, Samsung Chip Businesses Seem to Falter

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
The issue is that Samsung is built around a philosophy of pure performance at all costs. Their infamous former CEO having a rage at his employees, is unforgettable. This isn’t the best philosophy to have in a company, modern companies should provide a culture of creativity, and this will only happen if the character of the company is positive, not centered around performance performance.

dalek1234

Reputable
Sep 27, 2019
The issue is that Samsung is built around a philosophy of pure performance at all costs. ...

I would go a bit further and also quote Korean work colture as another fac tor to blame. An employee working for a Korean company is to have all his/her blood/sweat/tear squeezed out of. Korean companies around the globe aren't much better either. That's not an environment where employees inovate. it's an environment few notches below a Gulag.

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
I would go a bit further and also quote Korean work colture as another fac tor to blame. An employee working for a Korean company is to have all his/her blood/sweat/tear squeezed out of. Korean companies around the globe aren't much better either. That's not an environment where employees inovate. it's an environment few notches below a Gulag.
It’s very hard yes but also typically East Asian. The key is to have some semblance of balance to this at least, which doesn’t seem to be the case at Samsung, at least not their foundry business. Many Asian companies do better in this regard.

dalek1234

Reputable
Sep 27, 2019
It’s very hard yes but also typically East Asian. The key is to have some semblance of balance to this at least, which doesn’t seem to be the case at Samsung, at least not their foundry business. Many Asian companies do better in this regard.

An anecdotal piece: A friend of mine had an upcoming interview with one of LG offices in Poland. He was concerned because of Korean companies reputation for treating their employees. So naturally he wasn't very exited, but needed a job so he went for the interview. He passed, they made him an financial offer. It was far below industry standard, so he walked about laughing (figuratively).

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
An anecdotal piece: A friend of mine had an upcoming interview with one of LG offices in Poland. He was concerned because of Korean companies reputation for treating their employees. So naturally he wasn't very exited, but needed a job so he went for the interview. He passed, they made him an financial offer. It was far below industry standard, so he walked about laughing (figuratively).
Interesting, I’m speculating a bit here, but I think they can afford things like this because of the abundance of talent they have in east Asia. Of course East Asians don’t have the creativity of westerners, but they perform and cost less, right.

isofilm

Honorable
Oct 17, 2018
Poor pitiful workers, if they had better work conditions and nicer management, their IQ would suddenly improve.

Samsung Foundries primary problems are lack of intelligence, and a propensity to lie and obfuscate if all else fails.

Their fearless leader Comrade Lee Jae Yong (Vice Chairman) was just released from prison for embezzlement, bribery, and perjury.