Jul 5, 2019
Hi all,

To make a long story short, I feel that Destiny 2 is bricking my girlfriend's PC. Her computer will work fine until she plays D2 in which the game will become unresponsive as well as her computer. She will have to CTRL+ALT+DEL and even then the computer will not respond, so she hard resets. From there, her mobo will begin an automatic repair and she'll be caught in a loop of it repairing, failing, and restarting. We have taken it to repair shops and they don't know what the issue is and they end up reinstalling Windows 10. They have tested our individual components and cannot find anything wrong with the parts we have. Computer works perfect for a couple weeks, install D2, play 15 minutes and this happens all over again. I'm getting fed up and I feel, although people tried helping me on the D2 forums, there wasn't much help. We have learned that we will never install and play D2 again on her computer, but I want to know what is going on. Here are our specs as well as a link to the Blizzard Forum for my first post:

i5-9600k cpu
16 gb RAM
WD blue 1 tb HDD
GTX 1060 SC GPU
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC Mobo
Windows 10 OS

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/252248140

I will be taking it into a THIRD PC repair store, get Windows reinstalled, and buy a new HDD. I feel that, maybe, if the mobo is attempting the repair C drive, then it could be a problem with the HDD. HOWEVER, I would like to note that there have been absolutely no problems with any other programs or games she has run on the PC (DOOM, Metro Redux, Borderlands 2, The Sims 3, etc.) UNTIL WE INSTALL AND PLAY D2. This problem ONLY happens after playing D2, which makes me believe that D2 is installing something wrong on the HDD, but I am not a computer scientist or really that computer savvy so I wouldn't necessarily know.
I will repost once we get it repaired with a new HDD, but we know that we will never be installing D2 on her computer again. Any and all help is greatly appreciated as I have spent quite a bit of money on this PC now and really just want to know and understand what is happening.
Thank you.

Jul 5, 2019
I wish I could tell you the temp in game but we just tried to start her computer and it booted up to the desktop, but then froze. To answer you about the PSU, she has a Corsair CX 650M.
All she tried to do was click on chrome and nothing happened; just the blue circle around her cursor for a few minutes, but nothing else. The blue circle went away but we couldn't click anything although the cursor moved and could not access task manager. She then restarted via the power button. At that time, the mobo logo would come up but nothing else would happen; no loading icon, no words, and the LED on the computer was at a complete standstill (full blue, no flickering) for 30 minutes. She restarted and the same issue occurred, so I went to check the load order in bios. Here was the load order (because I do not know anything about what a load order should look like, what should load first, and I still do not understand the difference between UEFI HDD and my regular HDD):

UEFI Hard Disk: Windows Boot Manager
UEFI USB Key
CD/DVD: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSCO
UEFI USB Hard Disk
UEFI USB CD/DVD
UEFI Network
Hard Disk: WDC WD10EZEX-22MFCAO
UEFI CD/DVD
USB Hard Disk
USB CD/DVD
USB Key
USB Floppy
Network

I also took a picture of the screen to see other things that may help:
CPU Speed 3.70 GHz
DDR Speed 2133 MHz
CPU Temp 50 c
Mobo temp 41 c
BIOS Mode: UEFI/Legacy
VCore: 1.072V
DDR Voltage: 1.200V
BIOS Version: E7B17IMS.A00
BIOS Build Date: 8/31/2018

I did not touch a thing, I just accessed BIOS to write down the load order and take a picture of the screen. When I exited, I am now greeted with the message:

"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and press a key"

The computer will either allow me to access BIOS or give me that phrase, nothing else.
I am assuming it wants me to put in the OS CD. However, it was installed at the last repair shop we took it to and we don't have the CD. Our plan at this point in time is to order the OS CD, refresh the computer, stay clear away from Destiny 2 and see what happens. If this issue reoccurs, I can confidently say that this is a hardware failure and not caused by Destiny 2. However, I would like to stress again, the computer went MONTHS without any problems whatsoever UNTIL WE INSTALLED DESTINY 2. Once we installed D2, this issue came to her computer.