Details Vs Thumnails

Does anyone know how I can set my preference for this so folder details are
allways defaulted to details rather than thumbnails

--
OHM ( Terry Burns ) * Use the following to email me *

Dim ch() As Char = "ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU".ToCharArray()
For i As Int32 = 0 To ch.Length - 1
ch(i) = Convert.ToChar(Convert.ToInt16(ch(i)) - 1)
Next
Process.Start("mailto:" & New String(ch))

G'Day Terry,

Start Windows Explorer, and set the current view (whatever
it might be) to "Details".

From the Menu:
Tools>Folder Options
Go to the View (Tab)
In the top section "Folder views"
click the button "Apply to All Folders".

Merry Christmas!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"OHM ( Terry Burns )" <me@mine.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how I can set my preference for this so folder details
> are allways defaulted to details rather than thumbnails
>
> --
> OHM ( Terry Burns ) * Use the following to email me *
>
> Dim ch() As Char = "ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU".ToCharArray()
> For i As Int32 = 0 To ch.Length - 1
> ch(i) = Convert.ToChar(Convert.ToInt16(ch(i)) - 1)
> Next
> Process.Start("mailto:" & New String(ch))

Tried that mate, doesent work for me Im afraid.

--

OHM (Terry Burns) wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can set my preference for this so folder
> details are always defaulted to details rather than thumbnails

*IMPORTANT* -- Close ALL Windows/Internet Explorer windows..

Open ONE Windows Explorer.
View -> Details.

View tab
Apply to all Folders

Close Windows Explorer..
Open Windows Explorer...

--
<- Shenan ->

This has taken affect for windows,all my normal picture folders have become
details rather than thumns or icons, however, word refuses to display in
details as default.

--

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:28:16 -0000, OHM ( Terry Burns ) wrote:

> however, word refuses to display in
> details as default.

This is normal behavior. Dialog boxes do not share the view with Explorer
and they use the List view. There is no way to change this setting (other
than manually changing it) that I know of.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

i suspect that a regristry key exists 4 this

--

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:57:30 -0000, OHM ( Terry Burns ) wrote:

> i suspect that a regristry key exists 4 this

Don't think so. It would be great if there were as this is a frequently
asked question and its existence would make a lot of people happy.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User