Detected ATA/ATAPI Devices...

May 31, 2018
Everytime I turn my pc on I get an American megatrends screen with “detected ata/atapi devices. It detects two sata devices, being my harddrive and dvd reader then asks me to control + p to enter mebx setup menu

May 31, 2018

Hi there, I went out and bought a new CMOS battery, installed it and turned my PC on and the same screen comes up. I set the time correctly etc

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is the PC overclocked? What motherboard do you have?

After you see that message, does the PC boot into Windows, with your OC applied? Given the message, it does not seem it does.

That message is normally shown when an OC fails, and the PC cannot start the OS. That message is from the Boot Failure Guard feature. It is not telling you the OC was acknowledged.

Boot Failure Guard (BFG) is an option in the Boot screen in the UEFI/BIOS, enabled by default. It has a related option, Boot Failure Guard Count, which sets the number of times the PC tries to boot before it gives up, displays the message you included above, and resets the UEFI/BIOS options you changed for your OC to the stock/default values.

You should be able to detect the board/PC trying to start three times, which is the usual default setting of the Boot Failure Guard Count option. After the third attempt, you then see that message.

After you see this message, if you do nothing, and the PC continues to boot, what speed is the CPU running at, your OC or stock speed? If what you described is happening, you should not find any OC applied.

You can check the UEFI/BIOS after this happens, which either has reset your OC option settings to their defaults, or leaves them displayed, but booted the PC at the default option settings. If you then saved and exited the UEFI with the OC options unchanged, you would again go through three attempts to boot the PC, which should fail, and you would again see that message. Is this what happens?

If that is correct, your OC is failing every time for some reason.

How are you trying to OC, by manually setting options in the OC Tweaker screen? What options are you adjusting and to what values?

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5270&title=detected-ata-atapi-devices-problem