Question Detected ram randomy changing

Oct 10, 2019
Hello,
I have following problem: my Computer randomly detects and uses 2 or 4 or 8 or 12 Gb of my ram. I have tested all banks one by one by putting them single in the slots and I tested also with memtest86 and the banks are 100% ok.
Where could it be the issue? in the Motherboard or in the CPU? or somthing else?
It is strange but Speccy detects that I am using the 6 slots and in the size it displays 12288 MBytes but in the actual Total of Physical memory it shows the randomly detected memory?!?
Thank you a lot for any hint.

My system is:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i7 Extreme 965 @ 3.20GHz
RAM 12,0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 534MHz (8-8-8-20) there are 6 x 2gb banks
Motherboard ASUST. P6T DELUXE V2

Md Noman 1

Reputable
Feb 3, 2017
Hello,
I have following problem: my Computer randomly detects and uses 2 or 4 or 8 or 12 Gb of my ram. I have tested all banks one by one by putting them single in the slots and I tested also with memtest86 and the banks are 100% ok.
Where could it be the issue? in the Motherboard or in the CPU? or somthing else?
It is strange but Speccy detects that I am using the 6 slots and in the size it displays 12288 MBytes but in the actual Total of Physical memory it shows the randomly detected memory?!?
Thank you a lot for any hint.

My system is:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i7 Extreme 965 @ 3.20GHz
RAM 12,0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 534MHz (8-8-8-20) there are 6 x 2gb banks
Motherboard ASUST. P6T DELUXE V2
It might be the motherboard or the cpu did you try swapping any of those things.

Md Noman 1

Reputable
Feb 3, 2017
No, i do not have any spare CPU or motherboard to try : (
Based on this randomness what is most likely by your experience?
my mother board was not booting with ram in 2nd slot in my case i am unable to determine if its the ram(i an using two different brands) or the motherboard i swapped cpu and it definitely not that. do one thing remove all the sticks of ram and first place in slot 1 and 2 see what it dose and then 1 2 and 3 and so on it might a bad ram stick who knows give it a shot.

Oct 10, 2019
my mother board was not booting with ram in 2nd slot in my case i am unable to determine if its the ram(i an using two different brands) or the motherboard i swapped cpu and it definitely not that. do one thing remove all the sticks of ram and first place in slot 1 and 2 see what it dose and then 1 2 and 3 and so on it might a bad ram stick who knows give it a shot.
I tryed this and definetely not bad ram sticks