Detecting a PC's form factor

SirDarknight

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2013
Hi, I just cracked opened an old PC.

1. Can you please tell me the form factor of the case,mobo and power supply?
2. Can I run Gigabyte GTX 950 Extreme Edition

Ico9vWH.jpg

zmvEf5K.jpg

hFnebFV.jpg

m4IWFlJ.jpg

99zPnN2.jpg

OD2Tceo.jpg

z2R7grX.jpg

Kztk8zt.jpg

The case looks like an old Antec. The motherboard is an 1155 socket microATX Intel motherboard. Since you can see the standoff holes on the right of board, the case will support ATX motherboards as well. I don't recognize the PSU, but it doesn't look promising. The amps on the 12v rail are rather low for a 600 watt which is an indication of poor quality. While it probably would run a GTX 950, being old and poor quality is a recipe for disaster. You can run Speccy or HWInfo to determine what CPU you have.

f-14

Distinguished
System power supply requirement: 350W(with one 8-pin external power connector)
your power supply is obsolete for that graphics card. you can however use a gtx750
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487025
with zero problem
clean your cpu heat sink off, you should see an immediate performance gain, the whole case needs to be taken outside and all the dust blown out.
remember to let it sit for over an hour unplugged in, to acclimate back up to room temperature or condensation will be a major component killer.

you can use the 950 with a new PSU, just make sure to read the description that is has an 8 pin pci-e power connector, specifically pci-e as there are new 8 pin connectors for the newer motherboard for cpu power also.