[SOLVED] Detecting Fault in my psu with Multimeter

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
I have RM1000X and here is brief overview of issue:

I bought this psu in used condition and first time I came to know that my psu is faulty when I used it with 980Ti and it crashed during games while worked perfect with 650w bronze psu.

At another moment using this RM1000X two ram slots of motherboard stopped working however those slot started working again by themselves after a week.

I sold that motherboard and purchased Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 with 8700K it was fine but upon using Rm1000x two slots stooped working immediately.

So at this point I thought to analyse psu so I got a multimeter and checked voltage across 24pin atx and all other connectors that came out of it.

HERE IS WHAT I WANT TO SAY:

Every thing else gave me perfect voltages even two of 400v capacitors are also giving 402V each so both of them are also fine however I got 0.5V on one of 12V pin 24 pin atx and I mentioned it in below image.

So my question is simple No.10 pin in 24pin atx is giving bad reading and psu crashes on load couple of times it created fault in my mobo ram slots. Capacitors are also giving 400V which is good then what could be the problem here with this 12v pin ?

Image:
View: https://imgur.com/a/CCOnyNZ