Question Detection trouble

Jun 10, 2019
I have an older Dell xps 410 that has a NVidia (I forget the exact model) in my device manager it says Microsoft basic display. I've tried updating driver it says it's up to date. It has a by a and did, yet says can't detect another monitor. I have all brand new monitors. Helppppp

Jun 10, 2019
Dell dps 410
Dual Intel cpus
Unsure about which graphics card (NVidia GeForce with vga and dvi )
Dell monitor and LG monitor both new

Having a lot of trouble with setting up dual monitors, and it seems that resolution is off in he sense that some of the pages go off of the screen. Hasn't been able to detect one single monitor and I have switched them out

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2019
Auto correct on my tablet.... Aggrivating... I hate that, because I can't remember what I was say in exactly. Probably something along the lines of "it said that I already did" referring to the updating of the driver....
Anyway, I've tried updating driver and running scans, however it keeps saying up to date. Any suggestions? And in the future if someone is mistaken in their grammar, the mature, professional thing to do would be to let them know, as opposed to trying to embarrass them

Wasn't trying to embarrass you at all my friend ---- the emoji I used was simply a quick way of asking "what does that mean?" Never had any complaints before when I've done that, and I never got jumped on for doing it. You evidently have a dislike for me now so best thing to do is for me to butt out of this thread.

Jun 10, 2019
Wasn't trying to embarrass you at all my friend ---- the emoji I used was simply a quick way of asking "what does that mean?" Never had any complaints before when I've done that, and I never got jumped on for doing it. You evidently have a dislike for me now so best thing to do is for me to butt out of this thread.

No dislike. Was just aggravated about this dang pc... I thought I had it figured out, by downloading NVidia 309.08, but it keeps crashing my pc. Something called a stop code? It comes up as a blue screen and then refers my OS back to before I upgraded it... Any advice?

TRENDING THREADS