Detonator 3 or Asus 5.33a drivers for the V7700?

G

What are the pro's and con's of using the Detonator 3 NVIDIA drivers vs. the Asus 5.33a drivers for my Asus V7700 GeForce II GTS Deluxe? Will I lose support for the TV-out if I use the Detonator drivers?

Thanks,
MB

HamsterSlayer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The Detonator drivers doesn't support the TVOUT on your card, but they are quite a bit faster. You'll get a significant increase in 3D performance with Nvidias drivers.

You should get the latest Detonator driver from Nvidias website.
Currently that'd be v6.50

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Asus has a V6.31c driver set now, it is only 2 weex old. Try that one as well, really cool.

K7 + KT7A + MX300 + VooDoo3000 = :smile:
P3 + CUSL2-C + MX300 + Asus7700 = :smile:

G

Cool.

I'll try the new Asus drivers. I didn't know that they were out.

MB

G

So I installed the new Asus 6.31c drivers. They're right on.

Thanks,
MB

G

I have the 7700 Deluxe and I am using the Det3 Drivers.. They DO support TV out and do it well... They also work with ASUS Live for the video capturing.. I was stuck with the crappy 5.33 drivers for too long so I tried the DET 3 drivers and they gave me a good performance increase and they only thing I lost the use of was the 3D glasses which I don;t care about anyway...

PS: I am using Win2000 and the DET 3 drivers seem rock solid..

G

That's wierd. I've read several places now that they don't support the TV-out feature. Hmmmm. Well, if you say so. But I must admit that I'm nervous as hell.

MB

G

I have been using the DET 3 drivers for a couple of months now... I was playing UT on the TV at 800x600 at 150 FPS!!! Cool... Plus I also watch DIVX on the TV and capture my favorite TV shows.. The reason I went with DET 3 drivers was becouse the ASUS 533 drivers sucked so bad.. I tried asus's new drivers and they seemed to work ok but I think I will stick with the reference drivers becouse they seem to be updated more often.. DX8 is still in it's infancy and who knows how long it will take ASUS to release their next version...

G

Cool. I'll check them out. Thanks for following up with this last post.

MB