Question detroit become human crashing...

mexashe

Reputable
Mar 28, 2020
so i have been playing this game and im experiencing crashes every 10 minute or so.

When the game crashes it becomes unresponsive, I can still hear the audio playing the screen simply freezes, if I alt+tab I see a static shot of the main menu. Eventually a windows prompt will inform me that the application has become unresponsive.

i9-9900kf
RTX 3070
16GB RAM

Is it crashing everywhere, or just in the Fugitives chapter, especially right after cutting the fence? It commonly happened when accessing the Mind Palace right after the fence is cut (RMB). The workaround was to wait a bit before accessing the MP. Updates 1.0 and 2.0 addressed crashes that happen in that chapter though. https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Detroit:_Become_Human

That said, the 3000 series GPUs are new, and may need driver tweaks for some games.

mexashe

Reputable
Mar 28, 2020
Is it crashing everywhere, or just in the Fugitives chapter, especially right after cutting the fence? It commonly happened when accessing the Mind Palace right after the fence is cut (RMB). The workaround was to wait a bit before accessing the MP. Updates 1.0 and 2.0 addressed crashes that happen in that chapter though. https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Detroit:_Become_Human

That said, the 3000 series GPUs are new, and may need driver tweaks for some games.
It crashes everywhere randomly

mexashe

Reputable
Mar 28, 2020
Are your 3070 drivers updated, and do you do clean install method (best is remove via DDU in safe mode, then install via desktop)?

Also, if RT is enabled, are you using DLSS 2.0, or have you tried just playing without RT?
My drivers are up to date i install it from GeForce experience never actually used DDU because there is no need. Detroit become human does not supports Ray Tracing

Jan 21, 2021
Have you guys downloaded the hotfix driver? Version 461.33, it apparently fixes the crashing issues with Detroit. I haven't tested the driver myself yet but it is worth a shot.

EDIT: I've played through some more of the game today, played about 5 hours worth of game and it crashed once on the new driver compared to about 15-20 times in 4 hours on driver version 461.09.

Last edited: