• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Developing C++ and Nokia

Hi all,

On the site of Nokia I found references to development with C++
however i still have the following questions.

1. what phones do support that ? All ? Some ? None ? Is it a strategy
2. is the Symbian SDK (www.symbian.com) also good for Nokia ?
3. What about using Linux as a development platform ?

Thanx

wim delvaux <wim.delvaux@chello.be> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.06.27.13.45.20.388049@chello.be>...
> On the site of Nokia I found references to development with C++
> however i still have the following questions.
>
> 1. what phones do support that ? All ? Some ? None ? Is it a strategy
> 2. is the Symbian SDK (www.symbian.com) also good for Nokia ?
> 3. What about using Linux as a development platform ?

Maybe it isn't directly related to your plans, but we can offer
special developing components for C++ and Nokia:

1) Mobile ActiveX Control - enables to create applications for Java
and Gallery management between mobile phones and PC. You can view
demo-program and download the trial version here:
http://www.smsactivex.net/ Enables to develop mobile management
applications under any environment, that supports ActiveX (MS Visual
C++, MS Visual Basic etc.)

2) TOxygen SMS Component for Borland Delphi and C++ Builder (
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/products/tsms/index.shtml ). Enables to
develop SMS management applications for Nokia phones under Borland
Delphi or C++ Builder.

You can use these components only for PC-side applications development
under MS Windows.

If you will have any questions, concerning our components, feel free
to contact us on our public forum at http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/