Question Device Drivers are not installed? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
Recently I upgraded basically my entire PC (close to 2 months ago) and I decided to run the Performance Monitoring tool today. Everything passed except for 3 things and I really dont know what to make of it. The report states that I have 3 issues where Device Drivers are not installed (PCI Device). I decided to look further into the details of those Devices but they are unknown so I gathered the Hardware IDs from PCI Device Properties.... it looks like the devices are from AMD but I have no freaking clue what I should do or if I should do anything at all.
Ryzen 5 3600
EVGA GTX 1060 6gb
ASUS B550 Prima-A
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
250gb SSD
2TB HDD

https://www.flickr.com/photos/192886151@N07/shares/0S1j2D

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
Along with this hardware upgrade, did you also do a fresh OS install?
oh geez.... Well no, I didnt think that it was completely necessary. My computer booted up after the build, went through bios and everything so I assumed it was fine. I mean the PC itself functions really well and I havent had issues with it until I decided that I wanted to see my CPU performance at which point I received these 3 errors.

USAFRet

Titan
oh geez.... Well no, I didnt think that it was completely necessary. My computer booted up after the build, went through bios and everything so I assumed it was fine. I mean the PC itself functions really well and I havent had issues with it until I decided that I wanted to see my CPU performance at which point I received these 3 errors.
Well...changing hardware (motherboard), a full wipe and reinstall is strongly recommended, often/usually required.

USAFRet

Titan
come to think of it. After the first day of using the PC I recognized that Windows wasnt active so I did have to contact microsoft to reactivate it.
The activation is a completely different aspect.

When changing parts like this, there are 3 possible outcomes:
  1. It works just fine
  2. It fails completely
  3. It "works", but you're chasing issues for weeks/months

You're in #3.

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
The activation is a completely different aspect.

When changing parts like this, there are 3 possible outcomes:
  1. It works just fine
  2. It fails completely
  3. It "works", but you're chasing issues for weeks/months
You're in #3.
Fair enough but what would you suggest? Should I do a fresh install of the OS?
Install chipset drivers and all motherboard drivers from board manufacturer support site.

I am completely new to PC.... I looked up the drivers downloads from the mobos website and AMD. But I dont know how to properly do that without harming my PC and to be honest, there are so many downloadable content from ASUS for my Mobo that I dont know what to choose.

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
I would strongly consider it.
There may be other small oddities lurking in there.
Ok, Im sorry to pester you with so many questions. I have the option to "reset the PC" by going to update and security.... when you mean a fresh install of the OS, do you mean using a USB to download Windows 10 Installation Media? My other question is how dire is it that I fresh install right now?

USAFRet

Titan
Ok, Im sorry to pester you with so many questions. I have the option to "reset the PC" by going to update and security.... when you mean a fresh install of the OS, do you mean using a USB to download Windows 10 Installation Media? My other question is how dire is it that I fresh install right now?
Yes, a fresh install from a USB. Not just 'reset'.

How dire?
Well...it is always better to start with a known clean slate. Rather than coming across issues piecemeal.
Who knows what you might find next week.

I am completely new to PC.... I looked up the drivers downloads from the mobos website and AMD. But I dont know how to properly do that without harming my PC and to be honest, there are so many downloadable content from ASUS for my Mobo that I dont know what to choose.
Download latest drivers from link provided and install (latest drivers are with higher date and greater release number). Reboot, when requested.

1. Chipset drivers first. Download, unzip, install (by running setup.exe).
  2. Next - LAN, Audio, Sata drivers - download unzip, install.
  3. Graphics drivers - get from Nvidia.
Download, unzip, install (use custom/advanced/clean install option).​

Done.

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
Download latest drivers from link provided and install (latest drivers are with higher date and greater release number). Reboot, when requested.

1. Chipset drivers first. Download, unzip, install (by running setup.exe).
  2. Next - LAN, Audio, Sata drivers - download unzip, install.
  3. Graphics drivers - get from Nvidia.
Download, unzip, install (use custom/advanced/clean install option).​

Done.
Thanks a lot! I havent started yet. The Chipset driver recommends that I uninstall the current driver before installing the latest version driver on the link you provided. Im looking online how to find out what chipset driver I currently have but I guess my question is whether or not it is imperative that I uninstall the current driver.

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
Do all the driver updates after you put a fresh install of Windows 10 on the computer. If you do it before you do the windows 10 install you will have to do it all over again because it will wipe all those updates you did off the computer.
Ok then. I have been receiving conflicting answers from several parties including microsoft so its a bit overwhelming to say the least. Is this issue something that needs to be taken care of tonight or can I wait till tomorrow. I had plans with friends this evening on the PC and I really dont feel like doing a fresh install this evening unless it is urgent.... Since I am new to PC, I cant really determine whether or not this is the most important thing I need to take care like now.

Ok then. I have been receiving conflicting answers from several parties including microsoft so its a bit overwhelming to say the least. Is this issue something that needs to be taken care of tonight or can I wait till tomorrow. I had plans with friends this evening on the PC and I really dont feel like doing a fresh install this evening unless it is urgent.... Since I am new to PC, I cant really determine whether or not this is the most important thing I need to take care like now.
There is no urgency to getting it done. I was just trying to make sure you didn't waste time with updating a slew of drivers just to have to do it all over again after you did a fresh install of Windows 10.

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
There is no urgency to getting it done. I was just trying to make sure you didn't waste time with updating a slew of drivers just to have to do it all over again after you did a fresh install of Windows 10.
ok, I didnt mean to come off as brash. Not having a good understanding of Computers coupled with mixed answers via internet is so frustrating and overwhelming especially when Microsoft themselves provided me with temporary solutions rather than a permanent fix. They basically got me to hide the issue instead of fixing it and at the end of the convo they said, "if you want to fix it then you should clean install windows".... absolute waste of time from them.

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
ok, I didnt mean to come off as brash. Not having a good understanding of Computers coupled with mixed answers via internet is so frustrating and overwhelming especially when Microsoft themselves provided me with temporary solutions rather than a permanent fix. They basically got me to hide the issue instead of fixing it and at the end of the convo they said, "if you want to fix it then you should clean install windows".... absolute waste of time from them.
so I have basically been juggling on if I should clean install tonight or just wait until tomorrow when I have all day.