Device manager won't detect my other GPU

Xanduxer

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
SO I am trying to enable SLI. But I cant see the other 780 in the device manager. (tying to do 2x780)
Speccy can detect it but Device manager nor Nvida control panel cant.
So am I missing something. I already tried uninstalling all the Nvidia software from my PC after reinstalling them its still the same.

And even if i take my card out and put it back in. it doesn't start to down load the drivers for it or wont even show it anywhere. And I tested if the PCI slot was broken but it wasn't. I could play games on it With GPU attached. (the same GPU that wont show up while i have 2 GPUs attached)

I really need help form some one!! please :C

Xanduxer

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015

Yep The PSU should be enough. (its 750W But i ordered 850W just to be sure) All the power is plugged in. and I did test both of the cards in separetly with both of the PCI slots.

Its so strange that the Speccy applicaton shows i have two cards inside but they wont show up anywhere else.. :/

Xanduxer

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
Okay so I uninstalled EVERYTHING i had ever gotten from Nvidia and then reinstalled the drivers from my MSI (came with the other 780) CD. then restarted. And all was then okay. It found the other card and let me enable SLI. and then i just updated to current drivers and installed the SLI bridge.

And this worked for me.

TRENDING THREADS