Devices changed ( cpu or memory) or cmos have been cleared. Please enter setup to configure your system.

fahd.grad

Reputable
Nov 3, 2018
I just have finished building my new gaming pc with an msg b350 motherboard, ryzen 5 1600x, Gskill ddr4 series 3200 MHz ram, Smith Radeon armour 8gb graphics card. The first time i set it up everything was ok and it showed my cpu and ram. But now it onl shows the message “Devices changed ( cpu or memory) or cmos have been cleared. Please enter setup to configure your system.”
Press f1 to run setup
Press f2 to load default values and continue.
When i pres f1 or f2 nothing happens.?
Am using a wireless Bluetooth i have tested it with my iPad and it works fine.

Could it be the keyboard not connecting properly coz it’s Bluetooth and i haven’t set it up or am i looking at bigger problem. I need to know wats wrong so that i can return any items if they are faulty as i bought everything new.

Can you please help me here.

Thanx

Solution
I would go with the best micro ATX board Asrock B450M Pro4

Since you prefer ATX, I would go with the MSI B450 Tomahawk and the 2nd option the ASRock B450 PRO4
The MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon if you could get it for 100 or less.
Are you able to get into the BIOS?
At what speed is the RAM set in the BIOS and what's the actual running speed?

I assumed you meant MSI B350 motherboard...I don't see any GSKill 3200MHz RAM listed in the compatibility list.
B350 motherboards are sensitive to RAM speeds and configuration.
If you have not yet, update your BIOS.

What's the model of the BT keyboard?

fahd.grad

Reputable
Nov 3, 2018
Yes thanx for your response
Am using this keyboard Arteck Universal Backlit 7-Colors & Adjustable Brightness Ultra Light & Slim Portable Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 Keyboard for iOS iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Mini, Android, MacOS, Windows Tablets PC Smartphone Built in Rechargeable 6-Month Batteryis. You can find it on amazon.
I have checked the motherboard specs and it does support ddr4 3200 MHz you can check on there website.
No i can’t get into anything there’s no response from the computer even when i hit f1 or f2.

You won't be able to access the BIOS with a Bluetooth keyboard unless it has a USB dongle. You should get a USB keyboard to enter the BIOS.
The motherboard supports 3200MHz RAM but the GSKill 3200MHz RAM is not listed in the compatibility list (QVL).
So you might need to manually set timings for that RAM.

fahd.grad

Reputable
Nov 3, 2018

I have ordered a ps/2 keyboard just to be on the safe side the bios should recognise it. I hope its only a keyboard problem but lets say i don’t get a response from using the ps/2 keyboard what could be the problem then? All the parts are brand new i hope its not. A faulty mono.

fahd.grad

Reputable
Nov 3, 2018

It’s actually a ps/2 and usb combo keyboard.
Could it be something else like the mono or psi?
I have a Vega 650w psu

fahd.grad

Reputable
Nov 3, 2018

Gpu = MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR OC Video Card
Ram = G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Mono = MSI B 350
CPU = AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor

Make sure the 24-pin and 8-pin ATX power are securely connected to the mobo.
Make sure the 8-pin PCI-E power is connected to the GPU and that the GPU is seated on the PCI-E slot..
MSI has more than a dozen B350 motherboards, which model do you have?
The PSU should be OK for that system.

fahd.grad

Reputable
Nov 3, 2018

fahd.grad

Reputable
Nov 3, 2018
Hi,
Thanx for your response.
Everything is connected correctly from the power supply to the motherboard, the psi is modular so there’s separate labelled cables for everything cpu, Mobo, cpu ,hdd and gpu av also checked the mobo manual for everything.
Mobo is msi b 350 tomahawk.
Your can google it and it will take u to manufacture website to check the specs.

fahd.grad

Reputable
Nov 3, 2018
Firstly thank you guys so much for ur replies
Success, I have received my usb keyboard and Wala it worked and I got a response. I selected f2 to load up default settings and it booted from my old sid drive that has win10 64bit preinstalled.
I ran driver booster and updated everything to be up to date except of two things.
1. My graphic card cd software doesn’t work so am not sure if I have the drivers for optimum performance, my you =
MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR OC Video Card.

2. I want to update my bios but when I visited the msi website it recommends that I install amd chipset 18xxx driver. I went on amd websites but it asks me to choose which chipset x370, x470 ect. I don.t know wat chipset I have all I know is dat my cpu is ryzen 5 1600 x.
3. Is there a software that tests all my hardware devices are ok and faulty, somehow am paranoid someting is wrong?

Could you please advise me further

Thank you

That's great!

You don't need any driver booster, since Windows will update your drivers via Windows update.
You may already have the latest drivers for the RX 580...but if you don't download the latest drivers from AMD website

You have the B350 chipset on AMD socket AM4.

The best test is everyday usage of apps and games. Games will put stress on both the CPU and GPU and if your system runs fine then it is stable.
But if you want to push it further you could run AIDA64 System Stability Test and Prime95

fahd.grad

Reputable
Nov 3, 2018
Everything was running fine until I wanted to access bios to change memory configuration, bios screen doesn’t show fully and it is non responsive. I tried resetting cmos but still have same problem. I have returned the motherboard and asked for refund if it goes well am thinking of changing motherboard. Ppl told me that ASUs, asrock and gigabytes are the best ones.
Could you advise me on a motherboard for my build costing around 100 pounds.
Thanx

fahd.grad

Reputable
Nov 3, 2018
Thanx for your input,
I have been told that msi a med tier mobo manufacturer and that I should go for ASUs asrock or gigabyte.
I have been recommended this
GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO AM4/B450/DDR4/S-ATA 600/ATX Socket - Black
What you think of this ?
The mobo u listed r microatx I prefer tax board, can u recommend any?
Thanx

You need to take results of tests you see within the context.
He is testing a 8-core 105W Ryzen 7 2700X, a Ryzen 7 2600/2700 both overclocked to 4.2GHz (1.4 v) and you will be using a 6-core 95W Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz CPU.
He also use a watercooler, which would not help dissipate temperatures on the VRMs since it does not have a fan blowing air into a heatsink and motherboard.

He wants to make a point bu to overclock, I would have chosen a X470 motherboard which is designed for OCing.

When OCing above 4.0GHz and maintaining it, I would go with a x470 chip, which has better VRMs to withstands the higher temperatures and voltages.
I have OCed the Ryzen 1600 to 4.0GHz with Cooler Master 212 and the temperatures were just fine (68° C while gaming) and the fan on the cooler also helped keep the motherboard cooler...even when running quiet.

fahd.grad

Reputable
Nov 3, 2018
Ok if you wer in my shoes with a budget of 100 pounds
Which board would u get ?
Am not really desperate to oc the cpu over 4.0 if I can get a stable 4.0 cpu and 3200 hrz on my memory that would do me just fine, plus I have a cabaple gpu of 8 gb I think I would be aryte.
I do game a lot especially multiplayer call of duty games