[SOLVED] Devices QVL, necessary?

Feb 24, 2020
the mobo im gonna get is asus hero 8, & it has a devices QVL, for SSD's, HDD's, PSU's etc, is it really necessary to check those things with the QVL?

Solution
the mobo im gonna get is asus hero 8, & it has a devices QVL, for SSD's, HDD's, PSU's etc, is it really necessary to check those things with the QVL?
No, not really, any standard device that fits particular socket or bus should work fine. It could be a guide for types of devices though.
The QVL just means that these devices have (supposedly) been tested with that particular board. It's not a necessity unless you want to be absolutely sure of compatibility.

Personally, I just buy good, name brand components and don't think I've ever had issues. At least none that a little voltage bump didn't fix (memory).

Reactions: cards1
Feb 24, 2020
The QVL just means that these devices have (supposedly) been tested with that particular board. It's not a necessity unless you want to be absolutely sure of compatibility.

Personally, I just buy good, name brand components and don't think I've ever had issues. At least none that a little voltage bump didn't fix (memory).
ok thanks.

TRENDING THREADS