[SOLVED] DG41RQ RAM support.

Aug 2, 2019
Hi,

I have a doubt about this. I checked the Motherboards datasheet it says that "DDR2 800 MHz DIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 (tCL-tRCD-tRP) " but I couldn't found any 4GB DDR2 RAM, all I found is that for AMD.

One of them I found on Aliexpress is this they said it is only working with AMD, but in the description, they said this "Sequence: 6-6-6-18" will that work or won't work.

RAMs are different for AMD and Intel, I wonder?

I may be a little greedy to upgrade my old computer from 4GB to 8GB at least to do some better day-to-day activities multitasking on the computer.

Thanks,

Solution
That high density ram will not work on your old intel board(even states it won't work in red in the product description), it only supports low density ram. While they did make low density 4gb dimms they are not cheap(~$100 per dimm) and hard to find as they have been out of production for some time.
I don't think this>>>>"DDR2 800 MHz DIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 (tCL-tRCD-tRP) "

means that's what you HAVE to use.

because it also states this.....

DDR2 667 MHz and DDR2 800MHz

^^^^I would just get some memory that satisfied this and try it. I think there's a good chance it will work.

bignastyid

Titan
That high density ram will not work on your old intel board(even states it won't work in red in the product description), it only supports low density ram. While they did make low density 4gb dimms they are not cheap(~$100 per dimm) and hard to find as they have been out of production for some time.

Solution

bignastyid

Titan
"Density refers to the memory density of the individual chips on the module. RAM sticks tend to have 8 or 16 chips with one or two more if they support ECC. Fewer chips with more memory each are called high-density and low-density modules have more chips with less memory each in comparison. Manufactures have increased chip density over the years and some older system cannot handle these higher density chips. "
https://panoramacircle.com/2018/08/07/high-density-vs-low-density-ram-why-it-crashes-some-computers/

TRENDING THREADS