JaPZ_1243

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
Hi, i bought a dgnd3700 N600, and it works fine as a router, but when i hook the phone line in and configure it to use it as a modem as well , it doesn't work and says there is no internet connection, even when it shows me my upload and download speeds. I would love to know how to fix this. Thanks. c:

RealBeast

Titan
Are you attaching it to the phone jack that is setup for DSL service, usually only one jack is configured for DSL to avoid signal loss? Have you gone into the modem and configured it according to your ISP instructions and can you then see a WAN address (the IP address that your ISP provides) in the DGND3700 basic settings page?

RealBeast

Titan
Well if you want it to work properly you will need to set out the manual and look through the settings that it made automatically. First, can you see the DSL service provider IP address -- the one that they assign to you?

If you cannot, then you need to call them and go through a painful troubleshooting process in which they will guide you -- they have the advantage that they can see what your router is doing if it is connected properly.