Question dgpu not detected on asrock a320m-hdv board with 200ge cpu

dj tlh

Prominent
Dec 22, 2019
Hi there, i have a problem and i hope you guys can help me with it

My pc specs:
  • MOBO: Asrock A320M-HDV rev 1.04 (current bios version 5.90)
  • CPU: Athlon 200ge
  • RAM: Kingston 4gb 2400mhz
  • PSU: Aerocool VX500W
  • STORAGE: 128gb & 240gb SSDs + 500gb HDD, Windows 10
  • CASE: Cheap ATX case with front usb 3.0 port
So i have an MSI RX 460 4gb that i would like to upgrade my pc with, but when i plug it in and turns on, it boots with the igpu instead of the 460. And i've tried many things but the result is still the same:
  • Select ext graphics as main output (bios)
  • Enable hybrid graphics mode (the 460's fan spins, but still no signal)
  • Disable igpu controller
  • Update and downgrade the bios (the board came with the latest 6.20 bios version)
  • Clear cmos for all bios versions before booting
  • Update AMD chipset and graphic drivers on windows
  • Reseat and clean all the parts
The board seller claims that it works with a ryzen 5 2600 and an rx 580 card with the latest bios, he showed me convincing pictures. My 460 works on another system. I've also borrowed and plugged in a gtx 1050ti and the fan spins, but still no output.

So that's my situation currently, it works ok with vega 3 graphics, but i really need the 460 to work with it. Is there a setting on the bios that will solve this problem? Is it windows related? Is it the athlon chip that's not letting me use external graphics? Does anyone have the exact or near match system but works? Any help would be awesome, thank you!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Considering that a PC is build with more than just the CPU, motherboard and ram, you will need to include the make and model of your PSU and it's age. You will also need to include the cases' make and model. If you're able to get into BIOS, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? please don't downgrade the BIOS on your motherboard unless you want to brick it.

In BIOS try and select the graphics to auto as opposed to setting a particular device. I just looked through your BIOS ;layout, if there's no Auto, use PEG in primary display adaptor. As for your clearing CMOS, you should disconnect from the wall, and the display, then remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes before replacing it. Reconnect to all devices and connect to discrete GPU this time.

dj tlh

Prominent
Dec 22, 2019
Considering that a PC is build with more than just the CPU, motherboard and ram, you will need to include the make and model of your PSU and it's age. You will also need to include the cases' make and model. If you're able to get into BIOS, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? please don't downgrade the BIOS on your motherboard unless you want to brick it.

In BIOS try and select the graphics to auto as opposed to setting a particular device. I just looked through your BIOS ;layout, if there's no Auto, use PEG in primary display adaptor. As for your clearing CMOS, you should disconnect from the wall, and the display, then remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes before replacing it. Reconnect to all devices and connect to discrete GPU this time.
i've updated the post to include other parts of the system, current bios version, the latest bios version wasnt working so i tried older ones, still doesnt work. I've selected PEG and it would still boot with the igpu, and i've cleared the cmos the correct way before booting with all bios versions. Is there anything else?

ASK THE COMMUNITY