[SOLVED] DH77EB Memory related beep code when GPU is installed

Aug 8, 2021
Specs:
Mobo before replacement : supermicro C7Q67 (relevant to details)
Mobo after replacement: DH77EB (relevant to details)
Ram:8 GB DDR3
HDD: 1 TB
SSD :128 GB
PSU:Thermaltake smart RGB 700W
CPU:i5 2500
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti4GB OC (gigabyte/aorus)
I was using the pc like usual and it powered off on it's own it did not start at all the it would power on for 1 sec and then off.
pulled out my GPU no change same problem persisted.

send pc to get checked but forgot to install gpu back when i delivered it turned out two ram slots were dead and were shorting out bad so i thought once i get pc back ill install gpu and it will all work but i was wrong. Pc works but whenever i plug in my GPU it gives 3 beep codes upon looking up on the manual it looked like memory related but what does not make sense is that the pc starts without GPU.

i tried to check the bios setting it did not have much to look into, so i plugged the monitor cable to onboard display and just left the card installed in hopes to get something to work but no change was stuck with same problem.

PSU is fine got that checked. so i send pc back this time with gpu they tell me now is that VRAM of my gpu is burned due to overheat and they claim that "it was due to games being run on gpu too much. i mostly did my university work/study and yes somewhat gaming but i did not push the GPU to the limit and at the time of system turn off i had a pdf open so that theory doesn't even makes sense to me.

GPU condition along with how the problem started :
GPU has no rust, no burning smell, no fan issues ,no bad/ dying vram experience and temps were around 49-55C around passive mode so if anything was overheating or bad gpu fan would have resulted in any form of throttling or system restart i had no such experience in fact on the same day on noon i played CSGO and Resident Evil 2 remake there was no problem then i came back to work at night and pc had this issue.
GPU fan behavior at startup doesn't tell much they spin for 5 seconds and then they turn off cause passive mode setting i guess after
What the shop did :
they sent gpu for a thermal replacement without even telling me and then they told me about burnt vram after that so i don't know what happened but yeah from my experience either you get GPU related beep code for gpu , or just continuous pc fan spin with no display.

Error:
but the beep code i get right now is related to memory but they are insisting that it is vram on startup that is causing memory related beep codes.

other problems:
Cpu is also overheating and pc also has no sound on any of the sound ports reinstalled driver manually and using windows nothing. after board replacement for some reason the cooler was also replaced as the board was exchanged so they did that also without asking me , basically went with whatever they thought was right and didn't bother to ask and when asked it was for better had a terrible experience with these guy and with more than 3 months of back and forth i'd like to know what could possibly wrong with pc is it GPU that worked flawlessly until mobo ram slot issue that somehow caused my vram to die ?? or is it something else entirely would appreciate any form of input.

things that work fine right now are:
HDD, SSD , PSU, CPU , PC case ( don't know if that counts).

Last edited:
Solution
PSU is fine got that checked.
Can you elaborate on how the PSU was checked? That SMART unit shouldn't be considered a PSU since it's not reliably built. If you used the paper clip method, that does not tell you how much power your PSU can effectively output to the entire system.

FYI, I gave up on builds that came to me that had Intel motherboard's(i.e, motherboard's made by Intel, not the chipset) in them because the board for some odd reason(BIOS very likely) was very nitpicky about what hardware you put in it and then they'd thrown beep codes right left and center when you can probably take the same components over to another motherboard with the same chipset and they'd very forgiving(i.e, they'd work without a hitch)...

Lutfij

Titan
Can you elaborate on how the PSU was checked? That SMART unit shouldn't be considered a PSU since it's not reliably built. If you used the paper clip method, that does not tell you how much power your PSU can effectively output to the entire system.

FYI, I gave up on builds that came to me that had Intel motherboard's(i.e, motherboard's made by Intel, not the chipset) in them because the board for some odd reason(BIOS very likely) was very nitpicky about what hardware you put in it and then they'd thrown beep codes right left and center when you can probably take the same components over to another motherboard with the same chipset and they'd very forgiving(i.e, they'd work without a hitch). I'd advise that you take every part(including GPU) in your build and drop them into a donor system just to come to a conclusion that the board is indeed the party at fault.

You might want to question the folks you gave the system to since they went ahead and did things prior to your consent...not informing customers prior to the task isn't a good practice. Might I ask where you're located?

Solution
Aug 8, 2021

FYI, I gave up on builds that came to me that had Intel motherboard's(i.e, motherboard's made by Intel, not the chipset) in them because the board for some odd reason(BIOS very likely) was very nitpicky about what hardware you put in it and then they'd thrown beep codes right left and center when you can probably take the same components over to another motherboard with the same chipset and they'd very forgiving(i.e, they'd work without a hitch). I'd advise that you take every part(including GPU) in your build and drop them into a donor system just to come to a conclusion that the board is indeed the party at fault.

You might want to question the folks you gave the system to since they went ahead and did things prior to your consent...not informing customers prior to the task isn't a good practice. Might I ask where you're located?
umm the PSU was not checked in front of me but i was assured that they used digital multimeter to check the readings accordingly and everything was normal as for the gpu when that was opened i had to visit before it was put back so i got a look at that and it was pretty clean tbh. the donor system i'll try to see if the shop can get a non intel board that is compatible with the CPU and GPU as not all mobo are compatible i doubt they'll agree to this but won't hurt to try. if this doesn't work out my only hope is to visit a friend who probably has a non-intel board that can check it out. but nonetheless i really appreciate it as there is still hope for gpu. oh and I am from Pakistan not exactly a friendly experience here when it comes to computer repairs or specific parts.

i picked the thermaltake smart psu because the alternative to that was corsair vs 650 and i have had friends who thankfully did not have damage to their components. but did lose that psu with a ton of smoke so with local reviews and some reviews from youtube i went with this one the previous psu was a 350 W one of those silver ones that i didn't want to risk my components on so i went with this since it atleast had 80+ white, and people from local gaming community also recommended it other options were platinum with too much power and were also too expensive.

Last edited: