DHCP Client Table

simnerd

Reputable
Jan 3, 2017
I have a LINKSYS WAG320N Router. When I look at the DHCP Client Table some "connected" items are listed even though they are not currently switched on whereas others (ie my mobile phone) disappear when I switch them off and then refresh the table. Can someone tell me why? Also, I have an "Android" which the table lists yet I haven't a clue what it is. When I do a search of its MAC address it says "Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd" which doesn't tell me anything. Any clues please?

Solution
"Murata" may be the manufacturer of some of the WLAN-devices within your mobile phones (it's a big japanese company).
Android is the operating system of most mobile phones.
The DHCP server might be handing out a long-time lease to some devices (if the use a cable-LAN), so they are visible (reserved so to say) even if the devices are off. This is almost never done for WLAN-devices.

ragnar-gd

Reputable
"Murata" may be the manufacturer of some of the WLAN-devices within your mobile phones (it's a big japanese company).
Android is the operating system of most mobile phones.
The DHCP server might be handing out a long-time lease to some devices (if the use a cable-LAN), so they are visible (reserved so to say) even if the devices are off. This is almost never done for WLAN-devices.

Solution