DI-714P+ Drop Outs

I keep getting drop outs on my DI-714P+ router, and I also find I can not
share
files betweem WLAN to WLAN, where as I can share LAN to WLAN and vica versa

any ideas on how to fix this?

On Thu, 20 May 2004 15:49:12 +1000, "NewsUser" <sskyhawk@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I keep getting drop outs on my DI-714P+ router

I had that, too. Turned out the RF part of the router was bad. I
asked for an RMA and filled out the paperwork but they're ignoring me.

In article <40ac46e2$0$1584$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>, NewsUser wrote:
> I keep getting drop outs on my DI-714P+ router, and I also find I can not
> share
> files betweem WLAN to WLAN, where as I can share LAN to WLAN and vica versa
>
> any ideas on how to fix this?

I don't know about the dropouts, but I have read that the firmware on the
dlink.ca site is much improved (note that's the canadian site, it has a
different version from the US one). If you're still running an older
firmware it might be worth a try.

As for the WLAN to WLAN, I had a similar problem and found that dropping my
MTU on the WLAN devices to 1492 (it was at a default 1500) solved it.
YMMV.

--
"Divide by cucumber error, please reinstall Universe and reboot"
-- Terry Pratchett, _Hogfather_