DI-714P Print Server

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Just finished setting up a DI-714P+ with a desktop computer and 2
wireless notebooks. The printer is attached to the 714P and the
direct connected desktop prints ok. The wireless machines do not
print, giving just a <busy or error> message in the print dialog box.

Is it possible the wireless machines have to be assigned to the same
workgroup to use the printer. The setup docs walked me throug the Ip
port setup under installing a new printer, but didn't mention if the
workgroups had to match.

I've tried Googling with no luck for similar problems. Anyone ?
Thanks

The DI-714P+ uses the UNIX LPR/LPD protocol for printing, not Microsoft
Networking. Therefore, the Microsoft Workgroup is not an issue..

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.