DI for Re Amping

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt Albershardt wrote:

> hank alrich wrote:
> > wavcatcher wrote:

> >> Hank, my god you are so pumped about eh Evil Twin I'll have to try
> >> one sometime. IF they are still $800.00 it may be more than I can
> >> justify on this project but I'm glad to hear about its rave reviews.

> > I got it as a bass guitar DI, just like Bruce supposedly intended it to
> > be used. Then I ran guitar through it, upright bass through it, then
> > electric guitar, keys (actually one of my first heads-ups about it was
> > Dave Martin saying quite a while ago that he had two and often ran
> > stereo keys through 'em to storage), and the last straw, so to speak,
> > was what it does for my early 20's Gibson A mandolin with Fishman bridge
> > pickup (which ain't such a sweet pickup). Now it just goes with me most
> > times when I'm going to plug something in. I use it often as a jazz
> > guitar preamp. I never used to track the pickup on my duo partner's
> > cello when we're tracking. Now we do track that. There just aren't a
> > whole lot of pieces of supposedly specialized kit that I've met that
> > seem this versatile.

> I don't think anybody's mentioned that it has a line level blalnced
> output. So it's more than a DI (in many ways.)

Right, and the 1/4" output can be switched to loop-through, or provide
another line output in addition to the XLR out. The ET offers up to 36
dB of gain.

--
ha

Status