Diablo 3: Auction House Does Cash, More

Status
Not open for further replies.

daygall

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
yay... more cloudy days ahead... I am beginning to hate large game devs, 1st ubisoft pulls this stupid 100% connected BS outa there asses, now blizzard with a game that has a campaign :/ youd think they could setup some system that tracks how quickly your char lvls up\gets certain skills\ w\e and use some piece of software to filter... but no, gonna be lazy and screw over anyone that would have wanted to play campaign via mobile... oh well guess its time to buy an android after all, 3g wifi hot-spot here i come -_-

(yes i dont have a *smart phone* yet as i find the name moronic and like my regular old cell phone fine

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Let me put on my /nerdhat here.

A few months after Star Wars Galaxies came out, I found a "legendary" stone dagger that did something like 400 poison damage for 400 seconds every 4 seconds.

I sold it to some bounty hunter for $125.00. Needless to say I quit thereafter and made a nice profit.

Maybe luck like that will come to me or others with D3.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Not that i like deablo but this is pretty much why i stopped buying thier games. i waited years for sc2 only to have it be raped by the dev. DRM killing one game at a time!

bavman

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
Blizzard is raping d3 like it did with sc2. Even worse. No offline? Why? now theyre just being a-holes. And mods are the only thing that made offline any fun.

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
I like the idea for using cash in game. I'd love to sell enough to make the game basically free for me to play. Plus, blizzard can steal profits off of all the 3rd party gold sites. Although I imagine there would be a large gold inflation as it would become nearly worthless.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Well, up yours, Blizzard. Can't wait for your stupid DRM to be cracked just so you shut up. First SC2 doesn't have LAN mode so I can't play it on LAN parties, now this BS.

This is what happens when people pirate games. Happy now, assholes?

Totally happy. It'll be even more funny when even THIS gets cracked despite Blizzard's efforts.

What the hell, really... This isn't goddamn WoW! Constant Internet connection, sure... that's NOT how I want to play my games. I feel like pirating is totally justified in this case.

Why do I care, anyway? Never liked Diablo. Just hope the stupid tendency doesn't spread to good game makers, like BioWare... Games for Windows LIVE was annoying enough in GTA 4 and DoW 2.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]bavman[/nom]Blizzard is raping d3 like it did with sc2. Even worse. No offline? Why? now theyre just being a-holes. And mods are the only thing that made offline any fun.[/citation]

I haven't bought SC2 just for that reason. I won't be buying Diablo 3 for the same. Not for the mods reason, but the lack of offline where I can play in on a laptop where I don't have a net connection.

garage1217

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Very lame. Tired of these companies pushing the mandatory online connection. Also very tired of the 1 time activation crap. Will not support or buy products from anyone trying to pull this crap.

[citation][nom]someguynamedmatt[/nom]This is what happens when people pirate games. Happy now, assholes?[/citation]

Yea I am sure that with 11 million constant subscribers to WoW, buying new expansions at $50 a pop and paying $15/month really hurts Blizzards bottom line.

Yep. All that money is pointless for them.

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
This is just a cover up...they really just want the DRM in place. I would like to have the choice of playing online or offline like in D2(which allows you to play alone in Bnet too). My internet connection isn't very reliable, and it would suck if I d/c while playing the single player option.
I wouldn't mind making some money off of this game though. hehe

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Well, the constant connect thing is the least bothersome. The online real cash system is the disturbing part. I can see kids stealing their parents money in order to buy a "sword" very easily.

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
I hope that after the game is released and out for a few years they list the Total BAN on Mods the mods are part of the reason to buy the game it makes it an entire new game

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
I'm not angry at them for these moves, but I do think it's stupid. If you think people will get upset having to start a new char for online play, give a big warning when making an offline only character. Don't take away functionality. Yes, then it would be easier to pirate, but you can't stop the pirates. I feel bad for those with no/inconsistent internet.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]EnFoRceR22[/nom]Not that i like deablo but this is pretty much why i stopped buying thier games. i waited years for sc2 only to have it be raped by the dev. DRM killing one game at a time![/citation]
...well you somehow managed to misspell Diablo so I guess that's no surprise. StarCraft II requires an online connection as well, and as you might imagine there were a LOT of people screaming and complaining prior to its launch about how restrictive and unreasonable it would be to play. It's turned out to be an absolute non-issue.

In my opinion (actually owning and actively playing SC2) this is one of the least restrictive forms of DRM out there. Most people buy these games (SC & D2X) to play online anyway. I would certainly prefer this method over requiring a play disk, or limiting the number of installations, like other developers have done. This is 2011 not 1996, and I would think that anyone considering buying a game like this, even just for single player, would at least have a connection capable of accepting a login.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
I would certainly prefer this method over requiring a play disk, or limiting the number of installations, like other developers have done. This is 2011 not 1996, and I would think that anyone considering buying a game like this, even just for single player, would at least have a connection capable of accepting a login.

You know what I prefer? Buy a damn game, install and play. No activation, no Internet BS. Ever thought of that?

G

Love how blizzard has been progressing, sc2 was great and this will be as well.

G

Crap, i was looking forward to this game, now I'll pass on it.

G

All of you like to whine, but you will buy the game and you know it, so it doesn't really bother you that much so just STFU.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]You know what I prefer? Buy a damn game, install and play. No activation, no Internet BS. Ever thought of that?[/citation]
Certainly makes it easier to pirate.

Status
Not open for further replies.