Diablo 3 Beaten in Just 7 Hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
[citation][nom]tical2399[/nom]Well not really surprising. Its the trend with games these days. Prettier visuals and shorter play time.[/citation]

Keep in mind this person most likely rushed everything and did nothing but D3 for 7hrs. Most likely they didnt explorer anything. They did not take the time to read or watch quest dialogue and anything that was not needed to progress the game forward was ignored.

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
7 hours seems pretty short, but they no doubt skipped everything that wasn't directly tied to the main story. Also, this game is very replayable, so I'm not worried about how long the story takes. Hell, I probably beat SC2's campaign in ten hours but have been playing its multiplayer mode since it came out almost two years ago. If you've polished the basic gameplay to a shine, the story is just icing on the cake. I'm level 10 and I can't wait to keep playing later.

dgingeri

Distinguished
lol, they haven't seen anything yet. Everyone should already know that normal difficulty is just the training mode. I defeated the first act during the beta in less than two hours. Defeat Inferno difficulty in anything less than a month and I'll be impressed.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
So, who else knew exactly what was going to be mentioned (namely, asians.) in this article when they clicked? :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm asian too. Just having a bit of a laugh :p

thorkle

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
7 hours is not short for the normal mode for anyone who has ever played Diablo 2. Diablo isn't about the campaign, it's about getting loot, and making a great character. You spend countless hours playing, for the objective of better items and leveling, not beating the game (even though this is something you do while leveling eventually). After this game has been out for a while people will be able to beat the campaign in probably 1-2 hours or less with the help of a high level friend.

thorkle

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
Sorry for the double post, but the harder difficulty levels take immensely more time to complete because the difficulty increases more than any game I've played in the harder difficulties.

After I pickup my copy of Diablo 3 I'm not gonna run through and finish everthing as quickly as possible. I plan on taking my time, reading everything, killing everything I see and opening everything I find.
It's like being a virgin and waiting until the wedding to have sex and finishing as fast as possible. I don't know about you but I like take my time and make it to last.

sa1nt

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
[citation][nom]tical2399[/nom]Well not really surprising. Its the trend with games these days. Prettier visuals and shorter play time.[/citation]
You can play through Diablo 2 in 6 hours if not faster in single player mode plus expansion...

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
This is meaningless. Normal is not 'the game'. They beat normal, congratulations. That must have been so difficult. Beating the game would be inferno, and even then, you could (should) keep playing.

psyxix

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
I wouldn't take these people seriously when it comes to completing a game such as Diablo 3. They probably read nothing, heard nothing, did not explore, ignored random events and secondary quests, basically... mechanically finished the game like machines. From the looks of it, they enjoyed around 30% of the game :) Much like when you play super mario bros world and rush threw the game in 2 hours missing more than half the game, missing levels that made me love that game (hoooo super levels ...beyond the stars, how I loved and despised you !! ).

For normal people... the game can be between 10-16 hours for the normal part and much more from there with the other difficulties. When you look at it this way, it's about the same as D2 classic (a little bit more in fact), so people saying :"That's the trend with games nowadays... costs a lot and short".... guess again!

G

[citation][nom]thorkle[/nom]7 hours is not short for the normal mode for anyone who has ever played Diablo 2. Diablo isn't about the campaign, it's about getting loot, and making a great character. You spend countless hours playing, for the objective of better items and leveling, not beating the game (even though this is something you do while leveling eventually). [/citation]

Actually it depends on whose playing what game and what mode they're playing it in. Take the first Diablo for example. That game was literally drenched in a fearful aura. In fact, the most striking moments from that game consisted of going into hell along with the great soundtrack that accompanied it. It was less about the loot and more about the atmosphere and if you're playing a singleplayer campaign, its ALL about the atmosphere. I'd say it was the same for Diablo 2. Haven't played the third one yet. On the other hand, if we're talking about multiplayer, that's a totally different story where most assuredly, the loot takes precedence, with one of the reasons being you don't really get to enjoy the atmosphere when people are forced to move at different paces.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Still on the fence about buying this game. Not that I don't think it will be fun, its just that the weather is finally getting nice and I don't want to be stuck in the proverbial basement all summer.

jweller

Honorable
May 10, 2012
This doesn't necessarily mean that the campaign is short. Groups regularly had this exact type of competition in D2 back when I was playing it. They "beat" D2 in a matter of hours as well and D2's campaign was quite extensive.

Years ago, I could finish Diablo 2 in a single day on normal difficulty. Quite easy, for example with an amazon or sorceress specializing in lightning skills. But then I got to the Nightmare difficulty, where every third monster was resistant to lightning. And then Hell difficulty, where lots of monsters were completely IMMUNE to my best skills.

That's where you spend most of your time and have the most fun - on the higher levels. Who cares if the kindergarten level can be done in hours?

Puff3r

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
Too bad the game is locked to a server and the server is down. Pay $60 for a game you can't play at all if there is an internet issue??? Get real.

G

Considering Diablo 3 is not available in China and those chinese characters are traditional and not simplified, I am wagering that the group that beat the game is from Taiwan.

G

ive been player for a about 6 hours by myself and im in act 2 at lvl 16 so that guy must have been on crack

Status
Not open for further replies.