Diablo 3 Beta Details Expected Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeh

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
I'd rather wait another year than get something like that 'Orcs in Space' game instead of a Starcraft-like game.
When it's Blizzard we're talking about, I'll gladly let them have as much time as they want.

I was listening and saw a slide.
It says they have been testing Diablo 3 company-wide starting this week and they are expecting an external BETA test to take place in 3rd quarter of 2011.
This means July at the earliest.

Vearo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Q3 may be referring to the fiscal calender, which would mean April 1- June 30.

I'm hoping anyway. It is a business call, after all.

Vearo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
[citation][nom]Vearo[/nom]Q3 may be referring to the fiscal calender, which would mean April 1- June 30.I'm hoping anyway. It is a business call, after all.[/citation]

Nope, I was wrong it seems.
---------------------------
Flux_Diii.net:
direct quote from bashiok, to me, right now:

The 3rd quarter reference in the earning's call today was a calendar quarter, meaning that we're aiming to launch the Diablo III beta between July 1st and September 30th. Keep in mind that it's our current goal, and of course that can change as development continues.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=27808130648&pageNo=1&sid=3000#9

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]lol i wonder if they would do something like "oh wait, beta conference has been delayed" stay tuned in 1 month.[/citation]
LOL

pale paladin

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
I've only waited most of my adult life whats another few PHOQueen months. This game better make be better looking and more well endowed with as longs as they've take to develop it. JheeEz

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Zeh[/nom]I'd rather wait another year than get something like that 'Orcs in Space' game instead of a Starcraft-like game.When it's Blizzard we're talking about, I'll gladly let them have as much time as they want.[/citation]
Just remember that blizzard isn't the company it used to be. Now it's an Activision company focusing very hard on your cash, and slightly not so hard on quality.

tavix

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
Somehow I have a feeling that it wont be as good as Diablo II...craps like health orbs and cartoon graphics are by strong points here...

G

Their reasoning for the health orbs makes sense. It is difficult to balance a monster when a hero can have nearly unlimited health potions (diablo 2).
The graphics look pretty damn cool to me. I wouldn't call them cartoony, and again, they have reasoning behind making the graphics ALL dark in nature because it is then difficult to distinguish monsters from one another and the environment.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]tavix[/nom]Somehow I have a feeling that it wont be as good as Diablo II...craps like health orbs and cartoon graphics are by strong points here...[/citation]

I disagree with the health globes, potion chugging is clunky and very passive; fighting to the death to keep yourself alive in a sick yet interesting ironic twist is much more fulfilling. The Walt Disney 10 polygon texture/feel of all models is a big disappointment to me personally. Although it's Blizzard's trademark to be a little off the beaten path and have some 'character' to their games, splashing purple and pinks all over is just an eye sore and clashes with the rather decent looking backdrops. First thing that comes to mind is the Wizard's 'Rainbow spikes' and 'Purple punisher phaser lazer' abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.