Diablo 3 Expansion Reaper of Souls Sells 2.7 Million

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vipboy28

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
OK... well since people are being one sided let me explain what the game is really like from a casual user.1) Drop rates are decent, your going to have to put time in for you to get something out of it. I have gotten Yellows and Legendarys from doing Rifts and bounties. If you get a piece of gear or something that is good but not perfect... go to the MYSTIC and REROLL THE STAT! Its that simple.2) You can get all the goodies from Torment 1. You get a higher chance of getting those items in 2-6 but at Torment level 1 you able to get EVERYTHING you can get in lvl 6. you only need between 200-400k dps to do Torment level 1.3) no PVP that sucks, nothing you can do about it. Oh wait you can, there is PVP but not like how it was in D2. 4) The game is made to be played on almost ANY Build you want. Build your character how you like to, find/crate/reforge gear to your build. Let me give you an example. I was a cold Wiz, went Arcane because of a 1 hander i found... I was at 600k paper doll damage. Rerolled the Vit off of the weapon for a socket, and put an Emerald in it... GG 900k damage.Say what you will but its MUCH Better than what it was. I play very casually and get a few hours in per week 4-5 tops.

cloud7s7

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
I think some people just like to complain for the sake of complaining. The drop rate for legendary items now is much better. Not all of the drops are great but there are great legendary items that can drop and i have gotten several already. I've had 3 legendary items drop within 5 mins and also gone for 1 to 2 hours without getting a drop. It happens and thats the random number generator but really if you have so little time to play that you need to whine if you don't get a legendary item every 5 mins, go play Torch Light 2 instead. You will get your super item fix much faster and move on to another game in a week. I'm in it for the long haul in Diablo 3 and look forward to watching it improve over time just like Diablo 2 did. I'm not sure how anyone could say that the console version takes more skill to play than the PC version......the skills are no different and even if the drop rate is higher on console, who even cares. Whats with the dude comparing D3 to an MMORPG? Seriously? lol.

cloud7s7

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
To the guy questioning WOW bannings. It is certainly possible to get banned even though you didnt do anything wrong. They banned one of my accounts after I spent 12 hours one Saturday farming ore nodes. Apparently the algorithm they use to spot botters decided that I was gathering too much ghost iron ore in to short of a time.

bloodroses75

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
Definitely not looking into buying D3 or it's expansion at all; at least not while Blizzard owns it. After they've banned my WoW account for 6 months of not using it, constantly messing up my Starcraft 2 account, and 'losing' my Hearthstone beta account, I have absolutely no trust in Blizzard anymore.
That's odd, I have WoW accounts I haven't played in years that are still open.Usually the people that complain about banned accounts are just trying to make Blizzard look bad in retaliation for Blizzard banning them for a legit reason. Not saying that's you, I don't know, just saying . . .

When I found out this had happened, I had contacted blizzard about it. Through their, 'customer service' department, I had sent them screenshot of my valid 'Collectors Edition' box and code to try and prove my identity to the account. I even offered to mail them whatever information they needed, including the disc and key if needed. They could care less. The only thing I can assume is that a hacker had stolen the account sometime after I had cancelled it, thus the ban. Considering that even with proof they they couldn't restore my account or at least give me a different one due to fault on their part, that is really poor on their part. Coming from someone who had been playing their games since the days of Blackthorne, Warcraft I, and Rock and Roll Racing, let's just say I'm more than just a little pissed about their lack of customer service. But hey, if you want a to buy a Collectors Edition box to a game that cannot be played due to their incompetetence, I'll sell it to you.

NinjaNerd56

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
I was underwhelmed with D3...I was an original beta tester for Diablo who started on v0.8...and it just wasn't very good.

RoS does indeed 'fix' a lot of issues. As for gear drops, my L70 Crusader is wearing Legendary items (and a couple Rares) I found. Got a Chest Armor piece last night from a Blood Shard roll that elevated Damage alone by 18%.

IOW, I don't miss the idiotic Auction House at all. Good stuff is fairly easy to get. Adventure Mode is a blast, and at Torment difficulties, great gear drops happen frequently.

BoBeh_

Reputable
Apr 12, 2014
hmmm... anyone remembered???

"aren't you thankful"??

"You are playing the game wrong"

"we double it"

"F**k that Loser"

and tons and loads of other craps they pulled of by deleting constructive posts in their forum, try to sugarcoating their sh** ...... poor damage control to try to slip away from the PoS game they called D3..... always online DRM...... the greedy RMAH.

No.... i will not forget that... so no more money for u Blizzard.... u can rot in hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts