Diablo 3 Expansion Reaper of Souls Sells 2.7 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc14s

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
They'll never get my money, that's for sure. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!
What? The expansion got right everything the vanilla version of d3 didn't have for the most part, the only things that i still pine over from d2 that i would like in d3 is the rune word system and ladder resets.

brandonjclark

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
They'll never get my money, that's for sure. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!
Guess what? They patched the heck out of it and it's a VERY good game now. I too threw it away like a used rubber after just the first week upon release, but since I've been back in just two weeks ago I've logged 108 hours. I can't put it down. It's amazing now. Go ahead, redownload vanilla and see for yourself.

Rur

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
What? The expansion got right everything the vanilla version of d3 didn't have for the most part, the only things that i still pine over from d2 that i would like in d3 is the rune word system and ladder resets.
Ladders are coming in the next content patch, so you can check that off your list!Yes RoS is amazing, all the people still riding the D3 hate bandwagon are missing out.

KelvinTy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
The PS3 version is vastly more superior. You can find loot that is actually useful for your class, 5 minutes between each legendary drop and most importantly, the game is designed for console!It's a shame they dumbed the game so down that it's boring and frustrating to play on PC. It's practically a gear check game, next to none skill involved and praying to the Random Number Generator seems the only way to go.

Steveymoo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
The PS3 version is vastly more superior. You can find loot that is actually useful for your class, 5 minutes between each legendary drop and most importantly, the game is designed for console!It's a shame they dumbed the game so down that it's boring and frustrating to play on PC. It's practically a gear check game, next to none skill involved and praying to the Random Number Generator seems the only way to go.
Why is it different on console? Are console user expecting an easy ride?

Really? Go to the D3 forums. Looks like they still have a lot of work to do because people are still not happy.

As for the 2.7 million, if you compare it in retention it is not very impressive. Overall D3 PC sold something to the tune of 13 million. If we do not consider all of the possible new to D3 purchases of RoS that means retention is somewhere around 20%.

I haven't bought it yet because I don't feel they have gotten things completely right yet.

Vanilla is still as bad as it was before. Loot 2.0 was built around RoS and without it the loot is still just as bad as it ever was, the only difference is that now the majority of loot will drop with your main stat + vit . Drops are still bad and the legendary items are mostly trash just like pre 2.0.

People must be easily fooled by Blizzard. They said the same thing about PvP, that it was coming shortly after launch of D3 yet we only have a horrendous brawling to date.

Loot 2.0 was also supposed to come out well before it did and was designed around D3V originally with the GAH still in play. RoS was not the main factor in Loot 2.0 originally.

Rifts, or as they were originally called Nephalem Runs, were also originally part of Loot 2.0 and were going to be implemented into D3V as well but that got cut and D3V got the really short end of the stick.

Trusting Blizzard to just deliver on what it says is like trusting a jewel thief with your prized diamond. It is just bad.

The console version is vastly different. Offline mode and way more drops more often. People called it loot 1.5 but it is more like PC got loot 1.5 and the console got loot 2.0.

As well most console players are more casual and don't spend much more than 100 hours on a single game unlike us on PC that will find a game and put 1000 hours into it. For example, I have well over 2000 hours in TF2 and about 150 days worth of time in GW2.

yome

Reputable
Apr 5, 2014
I've played d3 a huge amount of time, several mothers after I hit p100 I was still on it, then I tried marvel Heroes from gazillion (David Breivik is behind the game), it's better than d3 in every aspect, it's a mmoarpg, in a single month they add more content than Diablo get in a year, it's free to play and you can actually play the game in it's whole without spending a dime, most player just do buy some costumes just because they're grateful such a game exists. I'll never ever give anymore money to Activision/blizzard

bloodroses75

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
Definitely not looking into buying D3 or it's expansion at all; at least not while Blizzard owns it. After they've banned my WoW account for 6 months of not using it, constantly messing up my Starcraft 2 account, and 'losing' my Hearthstone beta account, I have absolutely no trust in Blizzard anymore.

f-14

Distinguished
$40 for another act when the first came with 4 acts. there is no skill needed any more. it's all about the gear. with out the gear hacktivision spawns 3-5 laser beams on you drops pools of poison and or fire on you and walls you in as the only means of difficulty rather than work on the AI (when all else fails to entertain just nuke the smart players from wanting to play).still no pvp despite this being 50% of the reason to play the game that they promised they would have.removed the auction house, oh and also any gear from your character if you stop playing for a few months even if you paid real money for the gear. you only get good gear from playing on the hardest mode which again, you still can't unlock until after you have beaten it on diaper mode, bottlefed mode, training wheels mode.the patches keep turning this game into a retard version of WOW.... still not LAN playableONLINE ONLYparty system only 4 per group per game.just play diablo2 and know you've still got the best game of the 3 despite older graphics. the game play & features obliterates, hands down complete utter and total annihilating Diablo3Horadric Cube..... nothing in D3 even remotely is 1/4 as good!

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Yeah they can keep it ... bloody waste of money. I'd much rather pay for a hello kitty game then ever pay for Diablo 3 again ...

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
While I think RoS was a good edition to Diablo 3, I think the fact that it sold far less than the number of original purchases (which Blizzard said exceeded 10 million) tells the story about the game and what many of those players felt about it.I'm not so sure drop rates have really been changed all that much. I do see more Legendaries, but crap is crap, regardless of whether it drops with a cool golden-brown-orange beam shooting skyward from it. And, I still have some L60 gear on my L70 characters.We see a bunch of yellows instead of grey or white, but, again, what's the point if it isn't useful? We have the option to change a stat on a piece of gear - but that just means you need to have 3 of the 4 stats you need that are good and a 4th one that you can change to something you want. Re-enchanting isn't cheap, you can only do one enchant and re-do the same one if it doesn't give you what you want. Better than what we had before? Yes. Really good? No.Then there's the whole click-to-move thing. Broken.I enjoy D3 and have enjoyed RoS, in my opinion it does overall improve them game, but click-to-move means a certain level of frustration at more difficult levels that doesn't need to be there. It worked fine for D1 and D2 because those games were never challenging in any way, but for harder content - not so much.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Definitely not looking into buying D3 or it's expansion at all; at least not while Blizzard owns it. After they've banned my WoW account for 6 months of not using it, constantly messing up my Starcraft 2 account, and 'losing' my Hearthstone beta account, I have absolutely no trust in Blizzard anymore.
That's odd, I have WoW accounts I haven't played in years that are still open.Usually the people that complain about banned accounts are just trying to make Blizzard look bad in retaliation for Blizzard banning them for a legit reason. Not saying that's you, I don't know, just saying . . .

Stryfex

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014
I'd actually love to play this for a week or two...but $40 USD is just an insane price for an act, a character and a little game mode to screw around withI don't get how more people aren't griping about the price...$40 isn't much money to me in general but as a matter of principle I won't buy the expansion because it's soooooo little content for what basically amounts to the full price of a full game

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
I'd actually love to play this for a week or two...but $40 USD is just an insane price for an act, a character and a little game mode to screw around withI don't get how more people aren't griping about the price...$40 isn't much money to me in general but as a matter of principle I won't buy the expansion because it's soooooo little content for what basically amounts to the full price of a full game
You can put lipstick on a pig, but Diablo 3 is still a complete mess.Why would anyone waste $40's on this when they can buy the new Gauntlet game being released this summer for like $40-$60's and it'll **** all over Diablo 3?

Stryfex

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014

what new gauntlet game??

rainbueza

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
These nephalems saying a lot of negative things about the game should be burned in the fires of the burning hells. Say all what you want but I am enjoying the game right now.

Davos555

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
If you're smart you wont need to pay $40 for it. I definitely think its not worth that for an exp. However, I am really enjoying the new game, me and a friend have been smashing it up in adventure mode, it's pretty satisfying now, and you don't have to be an AH whore. I did prefer this to torchlight 2 though, even without the AH, the art style is much better. I could never manage to drag myself through all of the desert act in TL2.

stevenrix

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
I tried Diablo 3 for free then got my account locked out due to "suspicious activity". I called customer service and I was asked to send them my ID card which is a privacy concern to me. Until this day, I never played Diablo and probably never will play.

cloud7s7

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
I think some people just like to complain for the sake of complaining. The drop rate for legendary items now is much better. Not all of the drops are great but there are great legendary items that can drop and i have gotten several already. I've had 3 legendary items drop within 5 mins and also gone for 1 to 2 hours without getting a drop. It happens and thats the random number generator but really if you have so little time to play that you need to whine if you don't get a legendary item every 5 mins, go play Torch Light 2 instead. You will get your super item fix much faster and move on to another game in a week. I'm in it for the long haul in Diablo 3 and look forward to watching it improve over time just like Diablo 2 did. I'm not sure how anyone could say that the console version takes more skill to play than the PC version......the skills are no different and even if the drop rate is higher on console, who even cares. Whats with the dude comparing D3 to an MMORPG? Seriously? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.