Diablo 3 Expansion Revealed at Gamescom

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
Played D3 for the story as I was a huge fan of the first two, liked D3 until I completed it, replayability died really fast, dunno if this sounds like enough for me to return yet again...pity

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Who cares, this isnt even worth the time for the article, who really wants to go back to D3 to farm items the way Blizzard tells you to.....usless

saymi

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2008
I can not deny I liked it but it did not give me the blizzard epic game experience like I had before. Maybe I expected too much thats why I am not excited about this expansion.

imkvn

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2008
I really liked D3 the first month playing it. It was a very polished game and very fun to play. Unfortunately, Blizzard made radical changes to the game that made it not even fun to play. Moreover, the auction house destroyed the game's economy and made it a pay to win.

The game overall is short and be completed within a day. I wished they would add more optional quests, fix drops rates, add content that will effect the look of the character and skills. It's a shame that they tired to make the game similar to WoW and not Diablo because it had a very strong launch.

Free to play is the future for MMO's. Never Winter, Path of exile, and Tera are really changing how big publishers do business. Blizzard needs to adapt to the change, and implement mechanics that work. This expansion is most likely a gimmick until Titan is released.

Rogue77777

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
The expansion also provides a substantial update to the loot experience so that players can further customize their character with new and improved multilevel Legendary items

LOL - Only through the AH, so thy can make even more money.
D3 by no means is better then D1 or2. In thoses, you could actually find good legendary items by spending hours crawling your way through dungeons. In D3 the only way to truely get a good item, is to buy it.
Now try to sell it and get half your money back, good luck.

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
I dont agree with anyone who has anything negative to say on the story line of d3, it fit well with d1 and d2 and wasnt bad, in fact it was the main reason i played the game at all. gameplay however was shit after you had completed the game, there was little reason to play on further. I think gaming has come to far since d2 for the game to be as grind orientated as it is. Pay to win also nuked any point of it all.

as above i would also like to know the price, anything above 20 and i am not interested

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
@Rogue77777

not sure about 1, but 2 had drop rates severely nerfed to 1 in over a million to keep some items from becoming to plentiful, that kind of bs kills games for me.

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
One new act is an utter joke. The current acts can be beaten in 30 minutes. If you scour every part of the longer acts, then thats say 4 hours.

Unless the expansion is like $5-$10 max, then thats way way way too little content for a paid expansion.

saymi

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2008
I can not deny I liked it but it did not give me the blizzard epic game experience like I had before. Maybe I expected too much thats why I am not excited about this expansion.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I won't hold my breath on this expansion, though the video was very interesting as are all videos from blizzard. I will wait for the reviews, no preorder unless its mind boggling. As many have stated anything over 10-15 is ridiculous. The game was fun with friends. But the drop rate of items being randomized and the constant pickup of useless items after hours of farming, after kiting mobs for an hour n dealing a huge amount of DPS and getting one shotted i literally decided to buy TL2.. And now i don't even look back. Blizzard was that company that use to be great, i'm afraid they literally stopped focusing there abilities on the game being fun and enjoyable, and just cared about money.

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
You guys sound like you have no idea what a Diablo game is supposed to be. You're supposed to grind forever. You should have known that before you bought the game, and if you didn't think you'd like it, you shouldn't have bought it.

To comments about it being pay to win - don't visit the auction house, ever. I will agree that the auction house is a terrible thing, but you don't HAVE to buy anything. It's much more fun if you don't.

To comments about it being short - again, this is a Diablo game. It's relatively short on normal, but get to Inferno (especially without using the auction house), and then see how long it takes you.

If that doesn't sound like fun, fine, this isn't the game for you. But this is exactly what should have been expected of a Diablo game. I'm not saying the game is perfect. I wasn't a huge fan of the art at first (something a bit darker and less cartoony would have been nice). But they're still working towards finishing the game. The loot 2.0, new paragon points, and loot runs will probably all be free. They still have to finish the promised 1.1 PvP patch. It seems to me like this will be a game that is still played in a decade, like D2 was. I'd call that a success.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I dont agree with anyone who has anything negative to say on the story line of d3, it fit well with d1 and d2 and wasnt bad, in fact it was the main reason i played the game at all.
I really have to disagree. It made Diablo some god-like "know it all" to have planned everything since before D1 to the end of D3. Plus it was completely predictable, and made you chase rabbits while you wanted to catch the fox. Worst of all was how the story was told, like the baddies taunting you like some 8-year olds.

SuckRaven

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
$$ for this expansion? No, probably not. Now, if blizzard made a 2 or 3 hour full length Diablo movie, a la awesome CGI, I would probably go watch that in the movie theater. If they kept it more true to the 1st 2 Diablos, that made no apologies for the dark/gritty storyline, and they managed not to bungle it up in royal fashion, then Activision =( (formerly Blizzard) might squeeze a few more bucks out of my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.