Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Collectors Edition Includes Goodies for Other Blizzard Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
limited quantities huh? want to hype it blizzard? Well, it's a collectors edition, of course it will be less than the standard one.
They already tried hyping RoS a lot. In the F&F beta, the drop rates looked great. People were able to get decent items and find new build but now it looks like drop rates will be horrible and there is some gambling thing you use to try to get a better legendary.I honestly don't care much for RoS.

sharpies

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Okay so the RoS trailer was epic and I did rack up something like 800 hours play time on the original BUT $40 for an expansion with one extra act? Get real Blizz, that's what I paid for the full game. Maybe I am missing something here but I can't see myself buying this.

brucek2

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
Okay so the RoS trailer was epic and I did rack up something like 800 hours play time on the original BUT $40 for an expansion with one extra act? Get real Blizz, that's what I paid for the full game. Maybe I am missing something here but I can't see myself buying this.
800 hours on the original game which has 4 acts comes out to 200 hours per act. So let's say despite the other goodies you will get "only" 200 more hours out of your $40. This is still not sounding like a very bad deal for you....The players who I can see really not spending the money or even having any interest are the vast numbers who bought and tried D3 when it launched, played for a few weeks or maybe months, and realized the game had a bunch of problems and nowhere near the replayability of the D2, and haven't logged back in since. I don't feel like Blizz has done very much to reach out to them and explain why its worth giving it another shot.

800 hours on the original game which has 4 acts comes out to 200 hours per act. So let's say despite the other goodies you will get "only" 200 more hours out of your $40. This is still not sounding like a very bad deal for you....The players who I can see really not spending the money or even having any interest are the vast numbers who bought and tried D3 when it launched, played for a few weeks or maybe months, and realized the game had a bunch of problems and nowhere near the replayability of the D2, and haven't logged back in since. I don't feel like Blizz has done very much to reach out to them and explain why its worth giving it another shot.
Im not sure why people would play diablo 3 for extended periods of time.One of the main interests in D2 was that the replayability was born from the fact that each build required different gear. This, couped with the fact that the high end gear was almost impossible to find, has made the game almost eternal (I actually still play it haha).In total, in D2, there might be about 6-7 builds per character... sometimes even more.Unfortunatelly with the auction house that part died in diablo 3 quite fast.I actually tried other games like path of exile (free btw) and if enjoyed it tons more than D3, and about the same as diablo 2.Blizzard better step up their game or will soon see itself out of bussiness (Its not like they have as many francises to milk as EA for example).

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
So pay a full games worth for something that should have been included in the blotched orginal game... no thx!How about "As a compensation for the disapointment with Diablo 3 we descided to fix the issues and then add a 25% increased gamespace for the lack of map randomization that was pressent in the earlier games".But noo - Not greedy Blizzard, they try to robb their once fans whenever they can in whatever way they can Its a reason i will NEVER prepurchase anything they produce anymore. If you think about it, it has to be a record for a well liked company to fall from grace so quickly!

aule10

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
If you don't like the price don't buy, but Blizzard expansions have always been full priced. So it can't be any surprise.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
If you don't like the price don't buy, but Blizzard expansions have always been full priced. So it can't be any surprise.
Yeah they have but thoose other expansions most importantly expanded on aready good games with countless hrs of entertainment so even if some though the price were steep they though Blizzard did a great jobb and wanted to reward them for the effort. Doubt many think that is the case here...

It would not be surpricing if this expansion will have the lowest percentage of bought expansions from the owners of the game of any prev Blizzard game.

Its an old saying - You Reap what you $ow!

aule10

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Yeah they have but those other expansions most importantly expanded on already good games with countless hours of entertainment so even if some though the price were steep they though Blizzard did a great job and wanted to reward them for the effort. Doubt many think that is the case here...
That is a lame excuse, so because you dont find the game good, you dont think that they can take full price for the product they sell? Now wake up to reality, that is not how the world works. they sell it a full price because they can get it sold to that price, so why lover the prices? Diablo 3 is a good game in it self, but there have been to high expatations about the game, because diablo 2 was so good as it was, and what people wanted was a new diablo 2, they did not get that, and a lot got angry and disappointed, but the game in itself is a good game, and lives up to the expectations you should have from a blizzard game, but it is not a diablo 2.Play the game as it is, not a game you thought it would have been.

bloodroses75

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
"But that’s not all. By purchasing this limited edition set, players also receive a Treasure Goblin pet for World of Warcraft, and Crusader portraits and Malthael decals for StarCraft II."That's sad... using their other franchises to help sell the collectors edition add-on for their overly disappointing game. At least they finally offered a free trial on Diablo 3 so that consumers can realize how boring the game is.

aule10

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Bloodroses just as they have done in the past with starcraft and warcraft. and that is also a part of the digital deluxe edition.

iatemyelf

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013

people wanted a diablo 3 that would continue the story of diablo 2 and fit in as a worthy installment of the series. blizzard burned those fans long ago when the diablo 3 that was nearly completed 10 years ago was canned. it's impossible to look at this game as a stand alone, considering it's name is "diablo 3". had it been called something else, there would be PLENTY of people that would be able to see past it's flaws. but the way they ret-conned story elements from the past games? that's purely a sign of bad writers. most of those who decry the game agree the writing/story in general is laughably bad if not eye roll inducing or cringeworthy, which is certainly not what i'd expect from a blizzard game.

Companies need to adapt to changing markets. VALVe made TF2 F2P with a item market that is controlled by players. They also released tons of new free content to it and that game came out in 2007.

Blizzard is just holding onto the past. They want more money.

aule10

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Bloodrose, you had the collectors to games there is over 10 years old, and another to a game there is 9 years old. When WOL came out they gave a pet to wow, when cata came out they gave portraits to WOL, i am sorry you use your knowledge from an old business model.

Iatemyelf, And they tried that, but they had to remake the whole game because they could not make a game living up to diablo 2, that is why they went back to the drawing board and made a new game and not an expansion witch was what the fans was asking for.

Jimmy, are they stuck in an old model? hmm you would rather have 20 DLC to the price of 5-10$ each? That is the new model, and i don't like that one, because that is taking money with out any real content. an expansion is a much bigger peace of work and ads a lot to the game. You dont like it? or you think it should be free, don't buy it, but don't bash the model, because like all others they need to be payed for their work, and spoiled kids like you should just stay away from the PC market, because it is how it works all places.

Considering some of the changes such as BoA, I don't think we got the lesser of two evils with Jay Wilson leaving but rather we side stepped the evils.

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
D3 was so bad at launch I have forgotten I have it installed still! Maybe I should play it now? RoS? Nah let me see if the game is any better than at launch.

iatemyelf

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013

considering the blizzard north version of diablo 3, the one i'm referring to, was never released, we'll never know if it lived up to diablo 2. also, the phrase "live up to" is pretty relative. considering also that it would have been released 10 years ago, criticism of the game would probably not have been as harsh because they wait between d2 and d3 would've been much shorter. i have never heard a diablo fan say they'd prefer an expansion to d2 over d3, at least not until after this iteration of d3 was released.

Status
Not open for further replies.