Diablo 3 Won't Be Anywhere in Sight Until at Least Q2 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenix32x

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Not for me. I had purchased my very last Blizzard game when they decided to use an internet connection for DRM and removed LAN play.

hotchrisbfries

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
[citation][nom]phoenix32x[/nom]Not for me. I had purchased my very last Blizzard game when they decided to use an internet connection for DRM and removed LAN play.[/citation]

Continues to rant on the internet. Oh the irony.

beltzy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
At first I was irritated about the connectivity requirement for Diablo 3, but after having played the Beta I can honestly say that

1) It's not a big deal.
2) The gameplay would be worth the tradeoff even if it was an annoyance.

We live in a time where we are always connected. Blizz would rather risk irritating consumers than be pirated millions of times.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
[citation][nom]phoenix32x[/nom]Not for me. I had purchased my very last Blizzard game when they decided to use an internet connection for DRM and removed LAN play.[/citation] Arrrrrr, you are such a pirate. Not a big deal to me. Hopefully it will keep most of the cheater/hackers away from this game. I am pretty sure that you will be able to find your finds and fight together and still be in the same room.

maxinexus

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
I exactly know what to ask of my wife for Christmas. Honey uhhh D3, pls? ...When do you grow up? Hey no smoke, no bars, no Mistresses...D3 is fair trade. Can't wait.

sporkimus

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
[citation][nom]jsc[/nom]Q2 2012 ends a bit less than 5 months from now. Odds that they fix what they want?[/citation]
Whatever changes they make now will only result in more changes later on. They are fine tuning this game too much; at this rate it's going to be "Duke Nukem'd" to pieces.

supall

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]sporkimus[/nom]Whatever changes they make now will only result in more changes later on. They are fine tuning this game too much; at this rate it's going to be "Duke Nukem'd" to pieces.[/citation]

Apparently, you haven't known Blizzard for very long. The only game that got "Duke Nukem'd" in Blizzard's history was Starcraft:Ghost. Luckily, they scrapped it instead of tarnishing their reputation with a half-baked console game.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
[citation][nom]supall[/nom]Apparently, you haven't known Blizzard for very long. The only game that got "Duke Nukem'd" in Blizzard's history was Starcraft:Ghost. Luckily, they scrapped it instead of tarnishing their reputation with a half-baked console game.[/citation]

They should do the same with Diablo 3, this game is clearly a console / smartphone / Wii / ipad compatible project, not that there is anything "wrong" with that, but it is the clear reason why it's taking 12 years to produce a sequel, that should have been already out at least 7 years ago, so we can have Diablo 4 or 5 today.

supall

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]noblerabbit[/nom]They should do the same with Diablo 3, this game is clearly a console / smartphone / Wii / ipad compatible project, not that there is anything "wrong" with that, but it is the clear reason why it's taking 12 years to produce a sequel, that should have been already out at least 7 years ago, so we can have Diablo 4 or 5 today.[/citation]

It took them 12 years to release a sequel for Starcraft. I'm sure 12 years for D3 isn't going to change anything.

I fail to see how Diablo 3 is "clearly a console/smartphone/Wii/ipad" compatible project. They haven't even determined whether it is going to be a console/smartphone/Wii/ipad product. I would understand if you were upset at all the changes they've made, but to say that its clearly for another product when it does not appear to be is just hyperbolic.

saear

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
Diablo 3 will be the most hacked and bot ridden game to date. The ability to sell items/gold in-game for real cash will be appealing to every hacker and programmer in the gaming community. Having a constant connection will do little to stop this as seen in constant connection MMOs.

crysex

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
I just finished played the Beta. Diablo 3 is nothing like D2 and it is junk. The art style is recycled from WOW and cartoonish animation makes me feels the game is for teens. A 2012+ game has such low res that you can't even see your character's face clearly. Lack of customization and required online even on single player mode ruin this game on every every aspect. D3 is gona be a total failure if it releases without serious modification.

Lyrick

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
I just finished knocking out all available trophies in the beta (capping all playable classes at 13, Training the Blacksmith to level 4, hunting down two random events, and a whole mess of other things). The game is just fun and as responsive as ever, there are some nods to Diablo 2 such as a random Den of Fallen Dungeon appearance. The leveling feels a little too streamlined, but there are some very distinguishable builds of each class even within the limits given by the Beta. Can't wait to have everything wiped again for some more re-balancing so far the game is shaping up to be a great addition to the franchise.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]phoenix32x[/nom]Not for me. I had purchased my very last Blizzard game when they decided to use an internet connection for DRM and removed LAN play.[/citation]

Oh no, blizzard is going to rewrite the whole game now because of phoenix32x. Now we wont see it's release until 2014.

srgess

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
by logik the game will be release before november , blizzard had a deal when you buy 1 years sub of wow you get d3 free, so it would be stupid that the game release after the 1 year sub. So my guess will be this summer cuz they will try to sell the more sub. 1 year deal because they know they will lose lots of wow player wich mean montlhly income cutt off, sorry for my poor grammar.

G

Actually...Blizzard scrapped another title.....Pax Imerpia: Eminent Domain....they sold the game/project to someone else to finish/take over because they had too much on their plate....

Was a good game too....very buggy though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.