Discussion Diablo 4: Which Version To Buy/If I Buy. Also PC or Xbox Series S. Here are my specs: And thoughts.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
So my setups are as follows:

Monitor First tho: LG 32" Class UltraGear QHD LED Gaming Monitor with 165Hz and FreeSync - 32GN650-B - Walmart.com

Now:

PC/Laptop:

GF63 Thin 10SCS (msi.com)

Only difference from this sheet is mine has the i5 2.6ghz.

Also the ram was 8GB but has since been upgraded to 16GB.

The drives: there are now 2 SSD's (1 for storage mostly) both 250GB roughly.

If you need any further info on my pc let me know. I will say it plays Diablo 3: Flawlessly on max graphics - 1440p Resolution.

My "main" current TV for the xbox - as 32in isn't big enough for console gaming - for me. As I sit pretty far back - imo.

TCL 65" Class 4-Series 4K UHD HDR Smart Roku TV - 65S451 - Walmart.com

Xbox Series S :

incase you are unfamiliar.

Xbox Series S specs list | Windows Central

Both are low end of gaming: but I enjoy PC more, except for diablo....hence the question. While D2 Resurrection lacked, everything for me, on any platform, the series s did it fine enough. Diablo 3 seems amazing. Plays full 1080p for once.

OK now there are 3 types of Diablo 4 purchases standard-deluxe-ultimate. Here are the features for basicly both PC/Xbox - seem the same other then platform.
Diablo® IV | Xbox

Lastly - if my PC will play it AND the series S "ok to good, maybe great if I get a Xbox Series X" then I need help on which would be the better experience in your opinion. I know a lot of people either love Diablo only PC, Only on Console since D3's launch on 360/ps3, or just down right have no clue, as to be honest Diablo hasn't been the same for a lot of people since the Original D2 and expansion.

All this said: I really didn't mind D3, as long as I take 6 months off or longer every so often. Otherwise I would agree it could - and will become boring - at least to me.

Diablo 4: I hear is amazing. I follow this channel on youtube as most all Diablo fans do:

Diablo 4 Open Beta Date Reveal Soon; Blizzard Makes BIG Money; & more... - YouTube

Didn't want to aim to promote a youtuber so just provided a video link instead. I personally like him -- but its preference. My point is he has played it, likes it, for the most part most have who got the inv. So I'm hopeful. I would like to play beta. Now the question remains is my PC good enough for it (or is there even system requirements yet?) I can't find them. Also with my tv not being "gaming" centric will that make my couch experience suffer on the new gen (well Series S)?

Input needed. Thanks! Hope to hear from other like minded people - about diablo. And this subject - post. :)

Last edited:
Not too sure what the system specs of the game will be yet, them sites that do have them up are not right, Only trust what Blizzard posts up which is nothing yet.

Diablo 3 is old and single threaded and poorly optimized all the same time, and it probably going to mean nothing for Diablo 4s performance, at least I hope not.

So it going to be hard to say if your Laptop will play it, Im sure it will, they usually don't go for the latest and greatest graphics.

I haven't pre ordered yet, but I usually do not get excited for game release, but I am excited for this one, I love diablo, even sorta liked Diablo Immortal, though not nearly as much as their other games though but worth a play threw.

Reactions: minnin90

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
Not too sure what the system specs of the game will be yet, them sites that do have them up are not right, Only trust what Blizzard posts up which is nothing yet.

Diablo 3 is old and single threaded and poorly optimized all the same time, and it probably going to mean nothing for Diablo 4s performance, at least I hope not.

So it going to be hard to say if your Laptop will play it, Im sure it will, they usually don't go for the latest and greatest graphics.

I haven't pre ordered yet, but I usually do not get excited for game release, but I am excited for this one, I love diablo, even sorta liked Diablo Immortal, though not nearly as much as their other games though but worth a play threw.

Ya, right now after some research - I think Xbox is the way for me - since heck I need to use the gift for once. haha. Also the addition of controller to D3 was great imo. I play tid bits of Diablo Immortal wish it wasn't a glorified mobile game on PC. I hear D4 will have a 10 dollar-ish battle pass. If so thats not bad. We shall see.

Reactions: Viking2121
D

Deleted member 2838871

PSA the D4 free weekend server test starts today.